Some say the Golf VR6 is slow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A standard vr6 is a slow car, driver ability and willingness makes a big difference

A type r, clio 172, s3 etc would easily be faster than a vr if driven by the same ability driver through twisty stuff inmo on a motorway it would be even or the vr might win but when is a straight line a test of a cars ability ! ;)

A standard vr6 is a slow car' date=' driver ability and willingness makes a big difference

A type r, clio 172, s3 etc would easily be faster than a vr if driven by the same ability driver through twisty stuff inmo on a motorway it would be even or the vr might win but when is a straight line a test of a cars ability ! ;)

[/quote']

Agree with you there mate :)

so many factors though, like the vr handles like a dog standard.

also rember that these figures are on a sti not a normal wrx' date=' the sti starts out (jdm) at 280 so the prodrive gains arn't so much as you think.

[/quote']

agree, and i'm pretty sure the jdm 280bhp is on jap ron pump fuel, which is higher than ours, hence when you get an import is has to be mapped for our shite pump fuel before you use it, otherwise its det and bye bye bottom end.

I am going to get mine booked in on the rollers! My mates S3 was RR'd at 206bhp and in a straight line we were neck and neck, twisties he was all over me but straight line performance in a VR6 is impressive, well in mine it is thus me wanting me to get mine RR'd! Saying twisties, my 205 GTI 1.9 is just amazing on corners, it will just not budge. My VR has become a lot better since fitting Toyo T1R-S tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

i also run a legacy gtb twin and just sold my impreza turbo wagon import

as in running costs and insurance they are sore compared to vrs

then u have rebuild costs if u are not handy with tools when u play to hard

must admit unless u turbo or supercharge it u notice the loss of horses

this is my first volkswagon ever at 44 and im imprest

hopefully rolling road soon to see what shes doing