Just back from Stealth Racing...

Just got back from my remapping session at Stealth. First of all, this is overdue job after I have installed my Schrick manifold. I must say that I am simply thrilled with the results. Vince is fantastic, after he has waved his magic over my car, it now has 199 lb/ft and 196 bhp. That is a 10 lb/ft and 16bhp increase. I am a very happy man!!!

Thanks to all here who has recommended Stealth Racing, they are really the SAS of the VR6.

My mods so far has only been with a Schrick and a BMC CDA air filter. BEFORE the remap, I was only getting 190lb/ft and 180 bhp. The remap really met my expectations, unless there are others here (with the same mods) getting more ??? Anyway for a 9 year old car giving this performance, I am glad.

I think he means the increase over and above what the shrick achieved -i.e shrick in = x power

re-map = +16 bhp

sounds good mate, can you notice the difference the re-map has made to the behaviour of the engine?

DOH!!! beaten to it :? :?

[ Edited Thu Mar 03 2005, 07:51PM ]

lucky? yeah i think i am!!!

the only things done to it is a panel filter and taking the cone type thing out of the top of the airbox (a sure-fire 20bhp ;):D )

vince thinks its probably been chipped, but i havent opened the ecu to find out. i'm not fussed as its running right at the mo. its a lot of power to gain from a chip so its probably a healthy engine too.

i've been told that how the engine is treated from new is very important to its condition later on. if the oils is kept topped up etc.

[ Edited Thu Mar 03 2005, 09:13PM ]

I wasn't knocking it' date=' I thought a remap alone is normally good for 10-15bhp. I know there only irelevant HP figures and torque counts but they do give an indication of improvement...[/quote']

Not really, from speaking to reputable tuning firms in the past, it appears that the VR6 runs quite a nice map anyway...

hiya m8!! glad that you had a great experience after the remap. You car sounded really great when you drove away. Really deep.

I had a great journey back after my remap. Found myself driving home dangeriously fast...must be the new found power. Power corrupts!!! Must kick the habit ;>