ISV Delete on VRT???

I have short runner on turbo, I cut a hole and weld in a spout into the manifold, somewhere by the throttle body that matches the size of the outlet of the ISV.

Seems to work fine for me, idles the same as it did before turbo on standard manifold, 1200rpm until warm then it sits perfect at 800 ish.

What manifold are you using? Would be hard to take a drill and welder to a nice expensive manifold though!

My advice, jus do it and see wot u think. Took mine out, needed a bit of throttle in 1st 20-odd seconds of starting but great after. May need to play with the throttle adjustment screw a bit to get desired idle. Don't open it too much tho, will throw up a fault opened over 15(i think)%

My advice, jus do it and see wot u think. Took mine out, needed a bit of throttle in 1st 20-odd seconds of starting but great after. May need to play with the throttle adjustment screw a bit to get desired idle. Don't open it too much tho, will throw up a fault opened over 15(i think)%

Thanks for the imput guys!

I have a Schimmel log at the moment. Bought it second hand but don't fancy hacking away at it just yet. Whilst I'm on the subject, it has a plug in the top of it and I'm really not sure what it is?? Maybe for manifold pressure?

CIMG0718.jpg

Is the ISV easy to reroute when relocated to new TB location? I'd like to keep it if possible. The car is not so much a daily driver but it will get a fair bit of use

Pete: I'd love to go ODB2 but wouldn't have a clue where to start...

I'm just trying to plan as much as I can before I start my install so all advice is very welcome! :)

Thanks again,

Brad.

Hmmm, that's my old Schimmel log. That is indeed a map and air temp sensor combined. That's a £100 sensor, so you did well out of that, plus the labour and materials to get that mounting plate welded on.

The guy I gave that intake to I also included an ISV, ISV adapter plate and hoses and boost pipe etc etc....

Really??? Small world eh! Hope you don't mind me posting this up :-|

I take it as I will be using a RRFPR and standard ECU as a starting point, this will be redundent for the time being? I'll see if the guy I bought it off still has the other bits then. Kinda running out of funds with just the snail to buy now, so hopefully he won't want too much for them. Would be great to keep the ISV if I can....

It's fine mate. He told me he was going to build a VRT but I knew he'd ebay it :-)

You can use the air temp bit of the sensor, which is pin 2. The existing wires you've got for the VR6 sensor just need extending over to the new sensor, so a very minor change.

You defo want the ISV mate!

Sent him a message so fingers crossed he still has the bits! I was having another read through your build and noticed that your throttle body is different to mine too. Is it a golf TB? Mine is the original Corrado one and seems like the spring is quite a bit bigger. Will this be a problem when I come to refit the rad?

Think I'm going to start a build thread of my own as I can see I'm going to have a few more questions to ask along the way. Everyone seems really helpful on here which is a massive help! 8-)