Rotrex Corrado Vr6.....Finally mapped :)

Cheers, yes as said you'll need the calipers and carriers, 6mm stainless steel spacers, bought from eBay for £10, this is because the 312 discs have a slightly different offset so need spacing out to fit, longer hi tensile bolts and some good ridge hoses. Fitted mk4 rears at the same time so made use of the hoses package, and yes these are crammed under 16" oz wheels :)

• 1 month later...

So while waiting to get the car mapped at stealth I've been missing driving it so treated the inside to some tic and retrimmed the headlining and sun visors etc.

I really wanted some nice alcantara but its not cheap and As it was my first attempt at trimming I opted for some nice plush black cloth at about £40 for a 2x1m strip, just in case things didn't go to plan.

Theres a few tiny niggles but overall I'm chuffed with the results. Cost about £55 in total what with spray glue and evostick glue.

The interior has been totally transformed and I'd recommend everyone should give it a go!

7846a3a278586d8f3e67d0974a23fba5.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

aefdb0bcd9aedceadcc7fb71c4e92467.jpg

de11200d7772f29e266577e059606401.jpg

98a844d9873a4ad8d285e2e8544c35f5.jpg

c38578c1a0fa190f503372277e94375d.jpg

My handbrake cover was from another car and has never been quite as black as the surrounding trim so thought Id cover this too. Looks much better in the flesh than in the pictures. :)

cc9def9ef27c6dcac99b04f0f14abf00.jpg

I also decided to strip the plastic off of the sun visors and retrim these rather than spray them. I'm just waiting for the paint to dry on the grey plastic then I'll pop them in too.

• 3 weeks later...

So managed managed to get everything ready, injectors fitted, progressive meth kit installed and relocated the filter and maf to the passengers gets wing. Limped up to stealth and finally allowed vince to work his magic.

Vince installed a new high flow fuel pump, map and unfortunately I needed a new lambda sensor as mine was non responsive. Luckily one was delivered and the end result

291bhp & 261lbs ft.

Vince has done wonders with the car and there have been a few moments I considered giving up but I'm pleased with the results.

Would just like to say a massive thanks to vince for his hard work, genuinely top bloke.

On the drive back to bournemouth I took it steady as it was wet but when I did open her up 3rd and 4th are relentless all the way to the redline. Needless to say I won't be driving it that far up the rev band all the time but it's nice to know the power doesn't suddenly drop off.

The water temp stayed constant and the oil ranged from 98c to 104c when pushed.

Vince mapped the meth kit to begin injecting at 5 psi so it's not on all the time driving slow around town but there when it's needed. He did say he was surprised how well the kit worked compared to some others available so thumbs up for the devils own progressive methanol injection kit.

Next on the cards will be just enjoying the drive, then future plans of wheels, rear bumper respray and the we shall see how the engine is coping ;)

Few pics below but having trouble trying to upload the video from you tube using my iPad??

357c7fe3e1faf2638f6beca1f3648d1f.jpg

d133ea54b173ce45365d53e4cac854a8.jpg

05dcf575f86f1eb2e09e625fac7644d1.jpg

2a7787d4cd092abf5f7c0903f45db8a9.jpg

• 5 months later...

Brief update.

After the hassle of stripping the threads on one of my rh adapters on the way to Stanford, I managed to order some new 25mm rh adapters with steel inserts as oppose to the 20mm one i had one previously.

So i now have 17x8 rh zw1's all round with 205/40 falken ze914s with 25mm adapters. A great tyre that gives a little subtle stretch on the 8j rim.

If anyone was to run this set up in the future I'd recommend 25mm adapters all round. 20mm is too close to the suspension locking collars. If you have rolled arches then 30mm would be fine. But it all depends how low you want to go.

Managed a few pics.

As its a corrado there's always something that needs doing so feel the rear wheel bearings need replacing as there was some play when the rear wheels were on and I gave tested it for movement.

Also the brake compensator valve has decided to start leaking so that needs replacing too, so will probably take the opportunity to renew some worn rear brake lines. Credit card is not going to be happy.

Also have my eye on a new man bike as I want to get into biking but not sure I can stretch the funds that far as the car always comes first :)

Look forward to some more shows and meets

18e158ba046823d3247fb2635456b2cf.jpg

c54a2a2a074ad97ae1d064a1b167e6be.jpg

a7fd80112dcf3942342229149e2cbf19.jpg

Also the previous superleggeras will be for sale when I have a chance to give them a clean.

Nice thread :) not sure if we met at Stanford hall? Lovely corrado I must say and some good power from that rotrex, they really are a great bit of kit :)

Will you be bringing this to our rolling road day at stealth on the 16th June? Be good to have some more corrados so I'm not out numbered ;) you might be in for a chance of winning a trophy with those sort of figures too :)

Keep up the good work mate!