Mk3 vr6 track project

• 1 month later...

Just another little quick update really disnt realise this pic wasnt on here, after doing bhp show found the car getting a bit warm both coolant and oil so made some adjustments to the front end

7476960e.jpg

Then with the car resting in the garage ready for its next track day i spotted the windscreen had cracked while it had just been sitting in the garage, new screen then please

896e2a20.jpg

Then after realising one of my AD08's was looking a bit worse for wear..... after 45 miles :@ lol

afc56379.jpg

I found these dunno if people have use them before but for the price i thought id give em a go

8c31f997.jpg

Also had the car on the dyno for a bit of fun and it made just over 190bhp @ 6000rpm.:..

which is giving me a bit of encouragment to get an R32 engine in there!!

Looks really good, i am also building a track car bought a vr6 2 weeks ago just started tidying it up ready. Going to try a taster session in it at the beginning of August at Brands. How much were the max sport tyres out of interest?

• 2 months later...

Yeah I done a full day at brandshatch last week, tyres where really good, postive turn on in and very gd grip. Much better than the AD08's i was running previous. I did however kill the front left in that one day(soft compound), but dont put that down to the tyres. Because i done exactly the same with a set of AD08's always kill the front left. Think the car needs setting up a bit better tbh. But i will be buying a full set of max sports next going with the medium compound this time see how it fairs up. well recommend for the money though cheapest i have found them is a website called EARS.co.uk

• 3 months later...

I am just about to get another vr6 for just under half what you got yours for , however there is a leak so the whole interior needs to come out, so my plan is to do almost exactly what you have done. Great thread and very usefull. I will try to start my own build thread shortly. Car sounded great in the vids by the way. I want that with a turbo now!!!