4motion performance clutches

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the replies, I did have a 4 motion box lined up to purchase, but lucked upon a mk5 R32 one instead, which I think should have better suited gearing for my R32 engine.

I think I'm going to try a stock R32 clutch to begin with, then if/when that fails I'll try something better. My budget is very tight so if I can hold out till next year for a new clutch it'll keep the mrs happy. Hopefully with my lightweight car and 2wd it won't stress the clutch too much.

I'm also having to stick with the dual mass too for now, but I do have a plan for a solid one shortly.

Something you may find interesting, I weighed both the gear boxes as I had them off,

mk5 R32 DSG box including the transfer - 97.5kgs! Yes that was heavy on my own to pull off.

mk5 R32 manual box including the transfer - 67 kgs

that's not a bad weight saving.

• 3 weeks later...

Get a twindisc Clutchmasters FX850 and be done with it. At least if your turboing it, and aiming high. Supercharger doesnt have near the same torque as a turbo R32. Thats why some supercharger and low boost turbo R32s can use the stock clutch as long as it lasts. Clutchnet,Spec,Southbend, streetwerke and all the others are nothing to rely on if your going 400+whp. Ive been there, and 3 off my best mates been there also. Two off them blowing big holes in their 02M casings. Thats nice, right?