thats a prety gnarly leak dude,idd order a new seal im prety sure that lip is only there because its been created over time by it being installed,i could be wrong though? i dont remember the front seal haveing a lip, part number for that seal is 038 117 070

just ordered a new one incase the new one i bought thats leaking was wrong. im outta ideas on this one. does the cooler have to line up with anything on the engine ? like a return hole ??because maybe if oil is being pumped in but not escaping the pressure is causing it ?

good point about the pressure build up, not 100% on this but if you look at my picture on page 1 you can see the block where it bolts to and a large circular hole {not the center hole} and on page 2 my picture that shows the bolt has holes in it, i think the oil flows through the large circular hole then through them holes in the bolt { center hole}back into the sump/engine? so not much to get blocked realy, i could be wrong though.

fixed it !! cooler was sitting the wrong way around so the front seal was only sealing on certrain parts. thanks so much for input just have to sieve coolant lost that i have caught and replace a few litres of oil and hope the two havent mixed !

I dont think you mentioned that you had removed the cooler :) the original thread suggested it just starting happening hehe' date=' glad you all sorted though pal!

[/quote']

sorry my fault completely, this was when putting the car back together after all its work being done so cooler wwas being refitted. and cheers just have to sort gearbox out now as reverse is knackered.