Spadam's 4mo Build Thread (winter project)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Coilovers went on last weekend couple of pics need to get some better quialty pics with my camera at some point when ive lowered it a bit further. Think i may need to remove the rear adjuster.

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

It has settled a little lower since i took these pics but need to space my rear wheels out now so on the look out for some spacers.

Next up is to remove the rear adjusters so it sits a little lower and then get a decat fitted along with a unitedmotorsports map. Wanting to get my wheels refurbed around christmas time with some new tyres. May get some new wheels and sell the Santa Monicas.

Progressing nicely Adam. I had to remove my rear adjusters to get it sitting lower and a de-cat makes a noticeable difference in throttle response but no noticeable increase in power. If you have a re-map you can opt for launch control aswell and I would thoroughly recommend seeing Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update coilovers are great and ride really well really pleased with them.

Got a knocking from the rear end so will be changing my rear drop links next weekend which should stop the noise with any luck.

The hard job will be replacing my front drivers side window clips. On the way home from work today on the motorway i hear a loud bang and my window had dropped. So had to rmove the door card and inner metal section and pull the window up and support in position and tape it up. Need to buy myself some new metal window clips and replace them. Anyone ever done this on a mk4 4motion looks like a challenging job lol.

i used a rawl plug ' date=' the expanding type to replace the crappy grommet system . still in use now

[/quote']

What gromet system is this jim

Do you mean the black rivet? thought you didnt need to remove these.