Gearing, torque band and the Subaru has *real* 4WD, lol! :-)

My mate used to have a JDM spec classic which had been beefed up in Japan before coming here. It was only something like 210hp but because it had race diffs and gears in it. it was utterly savage through the gears. It didn't last long though and the centre diff blew, lol

Not sure but I'm running more than twice the power and am sub 5 sec 0-60

Sweeeeeet! Well done fella, that's awesome! :-)

As for the OP's question, the answer is:- A lot faster if you fit the 3.68 final drive ;-)

Hmmm, box off and strip down again I'm afraid, plus the cost of a s/hand 3.68 crownwheel, which can usually be had for around 50 quid. Or get a Corrado G60 gearbox from ebay, code CBA and nick the diff out of it.

When you had your box done recently, did you get the diff pins replaced with ARP bolts?

I'm aiming to beat my mates Focus RS which did a 5.9 lol

That 6.1 was in it's old spec which was bit heavier and crap Toyos.

Shed another 50kg out of the car and I can launch harder on the Yokos.

TSI timing too, which is what they use at Santa Pod, etc, so it is accurate! (not me and my mate with a stopwatch lol)

it's not about bhp it's about how you launch the car, plus mine is quite a bit lighter than a normal VR :)

York dragstrip are doing a 0-60 day this weekend coming. They also use the TSI 0-60 timing a GTi Inters but it's a worse surface.

everything bar the dashboard.

no sound deadening, crash bars, no interior plastics, no rooflining, etc.

only things i can make lighter is the windows, sunroof mech out, remove the second skin of the doors/boot/bonnet, and remove the dash. It's a daily driver until i get my Corsa project on the go