OBD2 Schrick VGI wiring question

Hi there,

I'm about to fit my 'new' VGI (thanks Tony!) and have a question about the wiring. I've wired up an OBD1 twice before without any problems, but the OBD2 ECU harness doesn't have the thick red/blue wire used on the OBD1. Almost all the guides on the 'net are about OBD1 and suggest that wire, so not relevant to me. The only OBD2 guide I can find is VENOM, which suggests a connector for a wiper relay - which mine doesn't have (it's a Mk2 VR6 conversion).

Anyone remember or know where their power wire is tapped into for the control box? I've got the other two sorted but this is bugging me...

Cheers for any help!

does this help ???

Control box red wire

This is for 12V+ power. It taps into the thick wire in the ECU loom that that goes to ECU Pin 23. This wire is red/blue on OBD1 cars and Black/yellow on OBD2 cars.

Control box black wire

This is the ground wire. It taps into the thick brown wire in the ECU loom that goes to ECU pin 1 (all models)

Control box blue wire

This is the wire for the RPM signal. It taps into the green/black wire which goes to ECU pin 22 (all models). This connection to the ECU’s RPM signal wire allows the switch box to read your engine speed and activate the manifold flap at the correct RPM. The default switch point is 4000 rpm, suitable for all naturally-aspirated VR6s. For VR6s running superchargers, this is often changed to a lower value, but this should only be done by experienced tuning personnel during a rolling road re-mapping session.

Actually I hadn't but just read it now. As it happens, just been offered some OZ Ultra's at a stupid price by a guy at work so probably go that way. Thanks for the thought though!

Looking forward to seeing (and hearing!!) you at Inters...

• 2 years later...
cabrioman, on 15 Apr 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

does this help ???

Control box red wire

This is for 12V+ power. It taps into the thick wire in the ECU loom that that goes to ECU Pin 23. This wire is red/blue on OBD1 cars and Black/yellow on OBD2 cars.

Control box black wire

This is the ground wire. It taps into the thick brown wire in the ECU loom that goes to ECU pin 1 (all models)

Control box blue wire

This is the wire for the RPM signal. It taps into the green/black wire which goes to ECU pin 22 (all models). This connection to the ECU’s RPM signal wire allows the switch box to read your engine speed and activate the manifold flap at the correct RPM. The default switch point is 4000 rpm, suitable for all naturally-aspirated VR6s. For VR6s running superchargers, this is often changed to a lower value, but this should only be done by experienced tuning personnel during a rolling road re-mapping session.

is this the same for a very early obd1 vr6? located under the scuttle panel i guess?? :)

There's nothing really to show to be honest mate...

just locate your ECU and find the following, you can just tap into the following wires.... job done....

Control box red wire

Control box black wire

Control box blue wire
This is the wire for the RPM signal. It taps into the green/black wire which goes to ECU pin 22 (all models). This connection to the ECU's RPM signal wire allows the switch box to read your engine speed and activate the manifold flap at the correct RPM. The default switch point is 4000 rpm, suitable for all naturally-aspirated VR6s. For VR6s running superchargers, this is often changed to a lower value, but this should only be done by experienced tuning personnel during a rolling road re-mapping session.          

• 4 months later...