FK clear indicators

I fitted mine on Sat - ordered them from Awesome & they were just a straight forward plug and play with the original VW ones on mine - a kind of rectangular/square connector with 2 pins. I did change the blue lights that come in them though because aswell as looking a bit tacky they would be illegal! Changed them for some white ones, look real good at night!

[ Edited Wed Feb 16 2005, 12:34PM ]

Yeah they are 2 pin rectangular on the lights that ive got which is good news however ive unplugged the bulb holder from the plug and mine are an oval type!?!?! so they wont fit together. Am i being completely dumb here and missing something?????

When I fitted mine - the OE one didnt look the same as yours but my FK connectors are the same as yours and plugged straight in - could you get a couple of connectors from a breakers or something and just swap the plugs on the car over?

[ Edited Wed Feb 16 2005, 02:36PM ]

Had the same problem with mine. The indicators and fogs i bought 2nd hand have the square connector but the cars loom has an oval connector. I still haven't fitted them.

What reg is your car? i was told that VW may have started to use Mk4 connectors on late Mk3's. Mine was registered Dec 1997 R-plate.

Dont cut the loom on your car - you'll only regret it. Try going to a breakers and seeing if any of the lights on the Mk4 / other VAG have the oval conenctor.

i was thinking about using these and a bit of wire. Don't know what sort of ampage the lights run on so they might not be able to take it. Also will need to waterproof the connections on the loom to stop them rusting internally.

Just need to get my arse to maplins to see if they will fit.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1071&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=3&doy=16m2

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1070&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=3&doy=16m2

When I did mine I found the same problem as you Warren. Have you tried using your standard bulb holders on the FK lights? Mine had to have some of the lugs removed to be able to push the bulb holder into the indicator. Some of them were already broke anyway. :-)