How come the VR6 seems a lot easier to turbo than a V6 4mo?

Sorry, I didn't word it very well.

Yes there seems to be plenty of options and kits to tune the VR6 and a fair few for the R32 but not many about for the 4mo.

Plus with the 12v it seems to be do-able pretty cheap compared to the 4mo

yup wouldnt mind one myself lol

I have also sent a message to C2 to see if their kits fit RHD' date=' just waiting to hear back as they are much cheaper for stage 1 at about £2.5k.

[/quote']

C2 has nothing to fit the RHD market AT ALL. I know this, because I developed everything that is RHD specific.

Everything is more expensive simply because of the age difference. With newer cars comes newer technology and this is the main reason this could be more expensive.

There is also more things to consider on the later engines, of course the price of a turbo or waste gate is the same no matter which engine you fit it too.

The time needed on the fabrication work is a lot higher on the 4motion compared to the MK3 and this of course is proportional to cost.

Here's a reasonably priced way into 24VT ownership and rather handily covers FWD (inc conversions) and 4WD. You can also retain the original intake manifold.

http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/vw/mk4/vr6-24v/boost/24v-vr6-turbo-manifold.html

http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/vw/mk4/vr6-24v/boost/atp-gt3076r-turbo-hardware-kit-for-24v-vr6.html

Their 24V manifold looks to be a lot better quality than their 12V one.

yup wouldnt mind one myself lol

I have also sent a message to C2 to see if their kits fit RHD' date=' just waiting to hear back as they are much cheaper for stage 1 at about £2.5k.

[/quote']

C2 has nothing to fit the RHD market AT ALL. I know this, because I developed everything that is RHD specific.

Everything is more expensive simply because of the age difference. With newer cars comes newer technology and this is the main reason this could be more expensive.

There is also more things to consider on the later engines, of course the price of a turbo or waste gate is the same no matter which engine you fit it too.

The time needed on the fabrication work is a lot higher on the 4motion compared to the MK3 and this of course is proportional to cost.

Uh right cheers for that bud :)

Although l must admit l am slightly confused now, if they don’t have a kit to fit, why not say so lol I am answering a few questions at the mo. I sent a message asking if the kit would fit and so far I have been asked if it is AWD or FWD, if it is coil on plug or coilpack and what is the ECU number. Why does the ECU number matter? Just out of interest :)

Uh right cheers for that bud :)

Although l must admit l am slightly confused now' date=' if they don’t have a kit to fit, why not say so lol I am answering a few questions at the mo. I sent a message asking if the kit would fit and so far I have been asked if it is AWD or FWD, if it is coil on plug or coilpack and what is the ECU number. Why does the ECU number matter? Just out of interest :)

[/quote']

The ECU number matters to them because there are a few variations of engines, each of which have differently structured ECU's. They can only cater for 1 type.

They wont say that they dont have a kit to fit RHD, Ask who ever you are talking to (Chris Collier?) to categorically answer the question yes or no.

The ECU number matters to them because there are a few variations of engines, each of which have differently structured ECU's. They can only cater for 1 type.

They wont say that they dont have a kit to fit RHD, Ask who ever you are talking to (Chris Collier?) to categorically answer the question yes or no.

Yup its Chris l am speaking to, I will ask him yes or no when l am home.

Again cheers bud :)