HELP HELP Garage Knacked my Car!!!

I listend to you guys and took my car to my local garage and said, the oil sensors are disconeced, can you reconnect them and fix the problem...whilst carrying out this work they sherred a radiator pipe going into the front of the engine, then said were not paying for it...now the mecanic was prety adiment and as my car was on his land and it was 6-o-clock i just said right fix it and we'll sort it out,i dint want my car to end up outside the grage on the road. He said the pipe will take a while to get and he cant start it till wed, last night being monday. Surely he has to pay right?????

If they broke the pipe whiles doing work on your car, it is their duty to fix it free of cost unless they warned you that it was likely to happen before the work was started and you agreed for the work to go ahead, knowing the risk. If he refuses to fix it speak to the office of fair trade and inform then of the situation and it should be sorted in no time, however l would check it when you get it back to make sure the work has been done right as they might end up bodging it to get rid.

Good luck dude hope you get it sorted :)

Cheers for the responses guys, i dont know what pipe it was, he was trying to connect an oil presure gauge to the oil sensor when he did it with his arm, it was pis**ng out from above the sensors on the front of the engine, at first i thought it was oil but then saw that it was water/coolant. Not heard from him today, he was going to get the pipe today and work on it tomorroww, i have to be carefull as the car is there so im gonna call cunsumer direct tomorrow. he might have calmed by then and hopefully wont expect me to pay!

if its from above he could have done your crack pipe in, or as ian says theres a small pipe going to the oil cooler there but still ive done plenty in that area theres enough room to do the one thing you want to do, either way its still his error, sounds a bit ham fisted if hes done that

check to see if the garage is registered with the RMI or Good Garage Scheme as you can complain to them other than that tell him to do one he has damaged it he should repair it as long as he didnt warn you it could happen which i expect he wouldnt of. if he still wont budge pay by cheque get your keys then cancel the cheque when you get home lol, seeing this does my head in as being a mechanic myself it gives us a really bad name,if i had done it and was my fault i would of repaired it free of charge!!! find yourself a different garage look out for one' in the good garage scheme and in the RMI as it gives you greater come back if they do something wrong!

Right just left the garage and and didnt get round the corner and the oil alarm came on again, vis and audio, he said there was a brass screw under the oil pump that was connected to anything, any ideas??? Had to pay for the pipe they broke, it was about a foot long, 3 inches accross adn black stiff plastic! he said if i didnt pay for it he would just rip it back out! i need my car for work so was pretty much stuffed anyway.

I reakon its the plastic pipe that goes from the water pump to the thermostat housing, on that pipe theres a tiny take off that goes to the oil cooler i reakon he snapped that off, when i was doing my switchs i cought my hand on the clip and that plastic take off just snapped clean off, so brittle and around that much heat and made of plastic its no wonder..

Perhaps if you come to a arrangement like u pay parts they do labour free...

Cherrs for your support guys, its Bluebell garage in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham. I feel like ive proper been done!!!! Anyways do you think you guys can help me with the oil alarm, when i bought it the sensors were disconnected but earthed, no audable alrm but flashing oil light.....now they are reconnected as soon as i drive off it alarms audiable and light on dash....apparently the bluebell garage said that there was a brass screw under the oil pump not connected to anything...any ideas guys im desperate now....thanks

So let's get this right

U took the car to them with a problem...

They break the car even more, don't fix the problem an they charge u for the privilege??

U need to get in touch with someone/company over this, be it tradin standards or whatever, I personally don't know who but u can't just stand for that!!

farkanal sounds like a roight nightmare!, yea m8 deffinatly get in contact with tradeing standards or what ever it is, people like this shouldnt be allowed to operate! god knows how many other people hes ripped off and havnt said anything..

i dont want to push you in the wrong direction or anything and i wouldnt put money on this but im sure a friend of a friend had a problem like this and he messed with the wires sensors ect and it ended up being faulty set of clocks might be wrong though lol.