Well, it's no beauty but it is black...........sort of!

This isn't really going to be a ground breaking project, just somewhere I can keep a track of what I have done to the car. Some of the projects in here are insane and act as good inspiration.

My VR6 was bought as a cheap runabout with a few issues that I could sort out. I picked it up just over a week ago for the princely sum of £675. It's got Koni coilovers, 17" alloys of unknown make, a scorpion cat back exhaust system and an induction kit. The engine is on 142k with a good bit of history behind it. The bodywork is actually very tidy for an almost 20 year old car.

Now for the not so good bits:

Central locking does not work

Stereo does not work

The exhaust is blowing from the downpipe somewhere

All trims are very faded

Needs a good service

Front offside wing will need replacing

Here are a couple of pics, not clean but will do for now:

VR6-1.jpg

VR61.jpg

First two mods were the typical wiper arm removal and new sticker. :-p

VR62.jpg

I'm not really sure what the plans will be for this. I'm not a huge fan of the wheels so they might be going. The suspension will need an overhaul at some point and just some general tidying.

All comments and ideas are welcome!!

Ben

Cheers for the replies.

So I started to do some jobs on the VR today. Pulled up the carpets, emptied the wated in the footwells and dried out the sound-proofing. Also re-glued the carpet on the back seat:

seat.jpg

seat1.jpg

I then took the rear o/s wheel off to clean up the arches and paint the caliper and disc, This is what I found:

Koni.jpg

So the Koni's have had it really. I'll be looking into buying a new set of coilovers and top mounts while I'm at it. I also noticed that the wheels didn't have spigot rings on either. Not the end of the world but something else to think about.

Ben

Hi all,

I had a bit of spare time over the weekend so gave the car a once over. Washed, clayed, washed again, polished, waxed and dressed the trims and tyres.

vr63.jpg

vr64.jpg

vr65.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the results. There are still some swirls that I'll get rid of with the DA when I have some more time.

Also coilovers and new top mounts all round have been ordered so another update shortly.

Ben

Cheers for the comments!

Also, a friend of mine fitted a Viper Cat1 alarm for me, we sorted the central locking out with a new pump and have sorted the head unit with new power and ignition feeds.

Getting there!!

• 4 weeks later...

A small udate:

New coilovers and top mounts have been fitted:

coilovers.jpg

I wasn't keen on the wheels so managed to find these on ebay with brand new Toyo tyres for £144 :)

new_wheels.jpg

As I'm running it a bit low there is a certain amount of scrubbing so I removed the front plastic arches. Nearside was fine but the offside looked like this:

rust.jpg

I'm now on the lookout for a new front wing. Here's a pic to show how low it is:

low.jpg

Hopefully the front end will be getting re-sprayed soon and I'll be replacing the wishbones, track rod ends, etc soon too as they look like they could use some attention.

Comments welcome. :-)

Loving it dropped on the coilovers' date=' new wheels look good too. Shame about the rust, but nothing some tlc wont sort!

What coilovers did you use?

[/quote']

Cheers for the comment!

They are just cheap JOM coilovers but do the trick.

The problem I do have is the wheel on the nearside front sits too far forward in the wheel arch and scrubs like a bugger when accelerating. It needs investigating.

I've removed the rear plastic arches and the side trims too just to see the condition of the car:

vr66.jpg

More updates next week.

A quick update.

I've player around with the ride height, put the plastic arches back on. When the tax runs out at the end of september it'll come off the road for some TLC. I've painted the standard grille and am just waiting on a new badge.

lowered.jpg

Comment welcome.

Ben