Foam stuff on dip stick - picture attached

Hi guys, girls

Need some help got this foam stuff on dip stick, any ideas?

Was told by someone that it might be gasket failure, engine runs, but smokey when cold.

Dont know if this is a factor, but I have not driven it properly since september.

Any help much appreciated

IMG-20110227-00131-1.jpg

Rich

@Antihero1981 last oil change was in july and I've only done about 500 miles, cant test head gasket as it is not on the road yet

@Madrocker , service was done using tps stuff, as for short runs maybe

@richievr, the car drives fine, it is losing oil but thats down to valve guide seals that need to be replaced

@bungy, yeah it s losing coolant but not no residue in the expansion tank

@drew, its bloody hard when you keep spending money, for it to go wrong,

running out of ideas, only other option is buy another one :-p

Don't give up on it yet. If you are loosing coolant and have emulsified oil then i'd go down the head gasket / cooler route. Can you get a sniff test done of your coolant?

but he has said it runs fine?. that is why i thought of oil cooler, as it gives the same symptoms as head gasket (Creamy oil,slight loss of water) but of course the engine runs fine cos the headgasket is ok..???

plus we used to sell quite a few when i worked for vw too....

Well, I'm getting some parts from tps and gonna do another oil change and change the sump.

I was speaking to a mechanic and he said it could the the crank shaft sensor which is causing the problems?

nah not going to give up yet, the support on here has been immense, going to crack on,

thanks

but he has said it runs fine?. that is why i thought of oil cooler' date=' as it gives the same symptoms as head gasket (Creamy oil,slight loss of water) but of course the engine runs fine cos the headgasket is ok..???

[/quote']

my mates 106's headgasket has gone......year later it still runs like a watch, jus gotta keep an eye on the fluids!