respray after care info

will be getting the vr back from the body shop this w/end, so ask a friend on facebook who`s local to me and in the polishing business for any help and advice, so he gave me this info,

thought i should share.

fresh paint from a bodyshop is sprayed differently to commercial cars from the factory, so normally you`d be looking at;

if baked in oven for 3-5 days at 35-45c you`d be 99% cured and ready for wax within 2 weeks.

if baked at 20-30c for 1/2 a day to a full day leave waxing it for up to 90 days.

due to the paint being soft a wax slows down how quickly it cures, this can keep paint softer as it traps the solvents the paint is giving off while drying/bonding.

wash your car in the shade or cover such as garage etc.

you`d want a ph balance car wash (theultimatefinish is a good site for products that are safe) such as collite etc.

make shore your using a wash mitt/double bucket or grit gaurd.

to dry you`d want a magnet drying towel and `tap dry.`

only cleaner you want is a `pure polish` which will bring out the gloss/shine and rejuvenates your paint without affecting the curing process.

carry a quick detailer or a mist spray to remove any contaminats when you find them.

not saying this is the correct way, but this is the advise a was given, :)

You should be using a grit guard, 2 buckets buckets and a wash mitt anyway.

But I was told to leave the paint 6 weeks before using a wax soo any impurities can reach the surface rather than being trapped.

For that reason its also best to leave it as long as possible before having the paint flatted back.

I left my polo 6 weeks before using a wax, but kept it clean. In these months with salt on the road you might not be able to leave it aslong as 6 weeks.

My golf was left a few weeks before it was even flatted back.

Obviously an oven will quicken up the process but the car will still come out with soft paint.

I think it'd be best to hose down 1st especially in this weather!

hmmm if I used the VR as a daily then .... nearly everyday.... wellllll everyday....neighbours thought I was insane when I was using her to get to work....

more sensibly once maybe twice a week but completely up to you and if you have the time! I have the OCD when it comes to cleaning and if you spend half your time on that and the rest on here Shell might think you've completely lost it...