Hi all, just signed up and thought I'd post up a wee thread about my mk2 so far.

She started life as a humble 8v gti and fell into my ownership for the tidy sum of £840.00

Drove 5 hours each way to the outskirts of Nottingham and came home with this.

dvc1.jpg

dvc2.jpg

A week later on a drunken night out I was trapped in between two cars and left with my right leg broken clean through in three places. As work was a no no and I had just bought my first flat I wasn't able to do all I wanted to the car but with some help from mates and some well placed hand me downs I managed to get the car looking fairly decent.

car1.jpg

Went through a few other small changes after that but was just used and abused as my daily.

sml4.jpg

103.jpg

Just over 4 years ago now I stopped using the car daily and got the use of a van so she came off the road for what was to be a simple tidy up. lol

g8.jpg

As we all know a simple tidy up is never as it sounds and after getting her a full respray in original flat black the thought of an engine conversion came to mind. I had originally decided on a 20v conversion but after looking into things I opted for a vr6 instead.

I managed to buy a full, rear ended, mk3 with just 88,000 miles on the clock and the hard work began.

With my trusty halfords socket set and very little mechanical know how I managed to get the engine in, brakes up graded to g60 spec, full polly bushed, koni coilovers, eibach anti roll bars etc.

Few pics of the conversion.

vr_02.jpg

vr_04.jpg

vr_05.jpg

vr_07.jpg

ml05.jpg

Her first glimpse of sun light in 3 and a half years

ml06.jpg

At this stage my new business was taking over (own a bathroom company) and life in general was a bit hectic so I made the decision to give the car to Gordon at G-wagenz in Alloa to do the wiring and the few other bits to get her up and running.

The maniac himself

G-Wagenz_01-1.jpg

almost.jpg

After a few months and some very in depth work from Gordon I finally got the car back and haven't stopped smiling since.

Here is a few pics since I've had her back but hope to get some better up to date ones taken soon.

DC105_04.jpg

VR_08-1.jpg

DAPPY.jpg

Winter mode

wintervr2.jpg

Image237.jpg

Future plans are to tidy up the bay a little although still keep the oem look and to improve on the interior with the edition 1 recaros getting a retrim at some point.

Apart from Gordon I would just like to say thanks to my mate Ally as without his advice and workshop space I wouldn't have been able to do any of this.

The man at work

01052010191.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed the write up and look forward to the comments.