Thought i would start my own thread on here, as i have been on the corrado forum mostly.

I will put a few pics up and try and go step by step of what i have done over the past year!

First up this is how i bought it!

st831186.th.jpg

st831184.th.jpg

st831185.th.jpg

st831187.th.jpg

st831188.th.jpg

st831189.th.jpg

st831190.th.jpg

st831192.th.jpg

st831193.th.jpg

st831194.th.jpg

st831195.th.jpg

st831196.th.jpg

st831197.th.jpg

st831198.th.jpg

I then set about tidying it up and decided to replace the exhaust as it was past it! I replaced it with a jetex stainless cat back.

pics

img0545u.th.jpg

img0548v.th.jpg

img0549q.th.jpg

img0547wv.th.jpg

img0550r.th.jpg

I then had some trouble with it as i pushed it into daily service. I basicaly replaced every mechanical component at the front of the car!

Then i started to do some cosmetics, so i fitted some red rear lights and some road legal pressed plates.

img0580p.th.jpg

By this time i was getting sick of the ride height so got some h&r monotube coilovers

img0580p.th.jpg

img06671.th.jpg

img06661.th.jpg

img06651.th.jpg

img06641.th.jpg

img06631.th.jpg

Then disaster! the headgasket went on the way to vw action, so i got towed back home and started to buy bits for a repacemnt gasket. I then spotted a low milage 27k engine for sale from an auto and i had to have it! So that is where i stand currently i am busy swaping the engines round and buying some extra goodies as well. My target is to get the car ready and presentable for ulimate dubs!

Comments welcome!

I absolutely love rado's, had a G60 a few years back but I had nothing but trouble with the electrics on it.

Oh yeah and I killed it by driving through what I thought was a large puddle a bit to fast and hydrauliced it. Turned out the large puddle was in fact a 8" deep ford.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent updated this in a while so here is two weeks worth of work!

Engine is now ready to come out! After we managed to strip all parts off it is now just sitting there on its mounts. The lower splash panel at the front will need rustproofing and i may need a new pas cooling pipe as it looks a bit corroded, but its progress!

Oh ans i had abit of cash left so i went and bought a raceland manifold and some heatwrap. It is easier putting this on with the engine out. Yep that was my excuse for buying it!

With ultimate Dubs fast approaching, we had to step up the corrado restoration a little! Unfortunately i only have the weekends where my dad and brother are free to work on it, but a few weeks back my dad was made redundant, so has beeen able to crack on with the corrado whilst i have been at work.

The short version is that the engine is in! It is hooked up and its RUNS. Yes people, we have life!

Runs nicely too with no misfires or any knocks or bangs. Very quiet, until you give it some anyway!

So we are nearly there, just a few bits to tidy up and its done.

PICS!

img06681y.th.jpg

img06721.th.jpg

img07001.th.jpg

img07012.th.jpg

Had the day off today to get the last few bits on my car sorted. Long and short of it is that i am back on the road!

It drives lovely and pulls very well, no real issues at the moment. The H&R coilovers are brilliant they damp perfectly and are very confortable. I just need to get the wheel alignment sorted out next week and i am done. For now!

Anyway here are a few pics of it next to my brother scirooco GT2.

img07021.th.jpg

img07031g.th.jpg

img07041.th.jpg

img07051.th.jpg