i have noticed quite a pattern in your replies. they always seem to have something to do with the ISV. lol. just going to hijack for a moment. is it possable to get rid of the isv on obd1 cars, by means of fitting another type of valve or a later throttle body which has a differnt idle control doesnt it?. as the obd1 setup seems to be pretty crap. lol

what exactly are the symptoms of a dirty isv' date=' and whats the best way of removing/cleaning it? i think i mu=ight just do mine to be sure its not causing my slightly lumpy idle after choke![/quote']

unstable idling are the symtpoms, mine took a few cleans to sort out, but then it idled perfectly.

hi acf8181' date=' it runs fine for a few seconds then splutters and stalls. after a few mins of driving it will idle pretty iratically then sort its self out. any clues?

cheers

leon[/quote']

could be ISV, but i've never heard of it actually stalling the car before. certainly worth a shot at cleaning it, but i'd also get the fault codes checked as well in case its something more serious.