HT Leads - which ones to go for?

Because they do colours that match hoses. Cant always guarantee VW leads will be red, which most want.

I got red leads from VW by orering them individually and not as a complete set.

I had magnecore 10.5mm thick with sheilding built in that need attaching to the rocker cover, and they cost a fortune. But were no better than the genuine ones i replaced magnecore with.

But its upto you what you get as its you cash fella.

I know of a few people that switched back to genuine leads

I see' date=' i was just reading the venom motorsport performance website under magencor HT leads, it says about performance check it out http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_category.php?manufacturer=Magnecor&category=Engine

[/quote']

from reading that mate the word performance I read to be associated with delivering the spark rather than any performance gains - my car and several others all ran better on the OE leads, inmo as said above the main reason for getting them is for colour coding in the bay

It's behaving. Fuel has hit £90 fill ups though and a massive supercharger may be in the works depending on what the insurance company has to say, but not really any more expensive to run than my VR.

Fun in the snow as well, once I dug it out

436fdf2f.jpg

Bigger, stronger sparks is of more benefit to forced induction really, but it certainly can't hurt a normally aspirated VR6 either! :-)

I've done some coil tests, comparing MSD, Bosch and standard and the standard pack is pretty weak, but most VR6s run OK with that.

The advantge of the Ford coilpack is cost, they are cheap and the advantage of the Bosch pack is reliability.

I wouldn't recommend the MSD coils to be honest, they're hassle and don't last long.