I want to kill myself.(electric windows problem)

im having a nightmare with the electric windows on my VR6 and was hoping someone , somewhere in here could help.Story so far, windows come down on their own and sometimes both of them together and sometimes just the one.I have diconnected the full closure side of the toad alarm just to eliminate this and they still do it. Sometimes they come down after a couple of days and sometimes ill get a week out of them.

any ideas anyone as its driving me mad !

For the love of God,if anyone can show me the light on this problem please come forward before someone steals my car.

It always seems to open them at night,when its raining. The in side is soaking.

Thanks

Gicho

pleeeaasse !

I had this problem, my central locking pump was crazy, the minute I went inside the house the windows went down, together. I was pulling my hair out thinking what it could. Im no whizz round a vehicle. I took all the wires off my battery terminals cleaned them then replaced. Not had a problem(touch wood) since!

You checked the wiring in the door jams in the rubber casing?

I had an issue with the drivers window randomly going down and up and then only working as and when it wanted too. Removed the rubber surround on the wires in the door jam and found one wire was pracitcally snapped!

This turned out to be the window wire, once sorted it never happened again :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My drivers door stopped unlocking via alarm and the drivers window does'nt work not had chance to look at it yet. But when i unlocked the drivers door my passenger side window went down have way. Going to check the wires and see if its linked, (door not unlocking and window not working)

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem with mine,i used to find the passenger window opened whenever it fancied it. it is the earth wire in the door jam that has broken. With the door open the windows could be operated but with the door closed nothing worked including the sunroof. When i checked the cables in the rubber boot section of the drivers side door jam i found a thick earth wire had broken. an inline splice was fitted and i've never had a problem since.

• 3 months later...

I had similar problem after leaving car at airport , had to drive from Stansted at 2 in the morning in Feb with all windows open.

Turned out the microswitch in the door panel was playing up.

Disconnected windowswitch and left for half hour ,reconnected and worked OK ever since