R32 exhaust on a V6 4mo

Been searching the net but can't really come up with a straight answer.

I can't afford the nigh on £500 for a full 4mo system but have seen some R32 standard exhausts for cheap. Is it mush of a pain to fit one to a 4mo? I know I'll have to cut the drivers side bumper/valance and prob need another mount but just how much work is needed?

Cheers

That's what I heard. I think it needs an extension pipe in there somewhere but you can get the pipe from VW for a few £.

My standard system is fine, I just wanted to get something that sounded better for not much cash as I've seen a few clips on youtibe and they sound pretty good

The R32 exhausts have a flap Vv inside to quieten them down. A lot of the exhaust sound is muted in the cats and so another option is to decat what you have or get a second cat and decat that. I think i paid £45 for mine from a breaker. The non-res Miltek is worth saving for and I think mine cost £450.

From what I gather when you put the R32 system on the flap is always open due to the 4mo not having a vacume advance to open/close the flap so it's always open. Bit like the "golf t" mod everyone did on E36 328i Beemas.

I'd love a milltek but at the min can't justify spending that amount of cash on one, I'd rather get some new wheels first

Just found this

I just thought id add to this incase someone else is looking at fitting the R32 exhaust, as I now have mine fitted and its not as straight forward as I was led to believe.

"Firstly, there are 2 differences between the fitting of the normal box and the R32

1. The R32 rear section is shorter by about 9 inches. Therefor, we cut the extra pipe we needed off the old exhaust and welded it on the new one.

2. The rear left (looking from the rear) hanger bracket is different the new one is about 1 inch further toward to front of the car and points straight back where as the 4Mo one has a 90 degree bend to the left. To overcome this, we simply cut the bracket off the 4Mo box and welded it to the bracket on the R32 box.

As for the fitting on the car, you have to do 2 things. Remove the towing eye and cut off a small 'L' bracket that the old valence would have screwed to (this is on the left pipe and will interfere with the left hand pipe).

I hope the above makes sense and is of some help to someone."

yeah i have one, and tbh its quite.. not at all what iwould have expected. this will be solved by decatting ( hopefully ) , mine also requires a new rear valnce to be offered up and cut. i can take some pics if you need to see what one looks like without a r32 bumper

Ahhhh, I thought it would give more of a rasp like the R32's do. Some pics would be great Jim if you wouldn't mind.

There's a place just started doing custom systems round here so was going to go ask how much for one. I had the same bloke do a powerflow one for my corrado g60 and it was top notch, even though powerflow has a bad rep.