B&M quickshift question

Alrite guys n gals got a quick q, my gear lever has gone thought it was the cables but ive stripped it all off the car and the cables work spot on so something went wrong with the lever and it wudnt go into any gear at all, just wondering, does the b&m quickshift kit for the mk3 vr6 connect to these cables and replace the old lever completely or does it connect to part of the original gear stick housing? i rang venom motorsport and they assured me it would but i just want to confirm with someone who actually has purchased one. Dont wana go buyin a used replacement box wen i want a b&m in the long run anyway. cheers in advance. :)

• 1 month later...

seems to shorten back n forth throw not so much side to side but sayin that i havent drove with it yet as im having serious gear selection probs and looks like i need a gearbox replacement. You need certain parts from your old gear stick to put it together for example if you lift your shift boot you will see the white part over the stick itself with the circlip on it and the reverse gear spring etc its easy enuff to do the hard parts taking all your gear linkage out to do it.

one thing you have to remember when shortening the throw is getting a proper clutch or lightening the flywheel,

the flywheel works where it has stored energy in it, and releases over the duration of your drive, so when you engade your clutch it builds some more pressure.

oh well point being, just make sure you change in the right rev range or your gearbox is not going to feel so good afer a few months..

i have done the DIY short shift on my car , so im talking about experience