Head Work

Guest Olly_K

what do you guys reckon........thinking about boring 2.8 to 2.9 or even 3.0...................has anyone done this............or does anyone know who can do this ?

do really wanna source a raddo 2.9 cos its too much hassle !

i have a 3.1 in the workshop ready to go back in once i've determined the damage from dropped valve! i bought 2.9 engine/gearbox/ecu etc complete and had that bored and stroked by tsr. the biggest you can bore the 2.8 safely to is 3.0, as the piston walls become too thin, so i was informed! although the price of a rebuilt 2.9 exchange at tsr is @ £3000 the last time i looked!

agree with nickbee...do the box (get sealth to rebuild it as a six speeder with custom ratios and final drive, and a torque biasing diff).

apparantly is like adding a serious dose of bhp to the car...but for less money. (you're talkin £1500 max, fitted)

You would need to get your crank reground before fitting it into the new block. This doesn't actually cost that much if you remove the crank yourself and send it into the regrinders on its own. It gets sent back with a new set of shims, ready to go on.