Ecotec Valve - tried today

The electric blower with 20% power gains this only applies if your engine is a 3hp lawn mower then you will get 20% more lol

Does anyone have any experience of them I think we need to organise a group buy lol I would love to see a before and after dyno print out on that.

If you buy it, I'll try it for you, then give it you back....LOL. Not planning on going F/I........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The electric blower with 20% power gains this only applies if your engine is a 3hp lawn mower then you will get 20% more lol

Does anyone have any experience of them I think we need to organise a group buy lol I would love to see a before and after dyno print out on that.

If you buy it' date=' I'll try it for you, then give it you back....LOL. Not planning on going F/I........

[/quote']

Thats not f/i mate I would get more boost sticking my arse over my airbox and breaking wind. They are useless mate

Ben have I upset you or something as you seem to a little angry.....the dyno guys have a constant reading of fuelling whilst the run goes ahead....any problems with fuelling and he tells you. I'm in no way an expert but he did tell others to adjust fuelling as necessary...mine he said had no problems and was 'spot on'. I think the problem here is the wording...In my opinion over fuelling is using considerably more fuel constantly .....however 'allowing briefly for a richer mixture' is yes over fuelling but for maybe a split second to in there words 'eliminate the flat spots'.

Now Ben I have no idea if this actually works or not as I have said' date=' but I see no excess use of fuel on my car my MPG was a recent 150 mile run at varying motorway speeds and around town it is average......for you to say that is rubbish without knowing what speeds I was doing or how I was driving seems a bit harsh but hey thats your opinion maybe one day I will rise to the dizzy heights of reaching better fuel economy figures such as yours.

[/quote']

nope not upset just amused :) he will tell you of any fluctuations in your afr but if the car is constantly slightly overfueling he wont notice anything will he as it will seem stable to him ? So all its doing is over fueling for a split second to mask any probs you may have with "flat spots" !! ah ok that sounds great then :) my vr's never had any flat spots ??

again if you have had it on since you bought the car how do you know it isnt using more fuel than normal ?? and if you think fitting one of these is a good idea I doubt you will rise to any dizzying heights :) :)

I could put links up that show people that have had good results ben' date=' that link means nothin. 1 of them hgas fitted it to a diesel whichthey dont even work on. hardly a good source of info hey. what about pro drives dyno results, and the rest of the independent companies that have tested it. It might be simple but it works. But you no better cause you tried it.

[/quote']

go on then :) and no it doesnt and yes I do - thanks :)

It wont make no diff to you anyway cause you dont go accelerate hard enough lol.

Who you talkin to........I accelerate hard......especially now I've got an induction kit on....can't get enough of that intake ROAR........ you need to see my fuel consumption now.....averaging 24 mpg...................

I didnt say it worked by creating boost' date=' course its not gonna force air in.read what i put above and stop taking acid. guys dont buy 1, i only said it cus i got improvemens off it. Was just tryin to help. Wasnt worth the effort tbh was it. def not worth me arguing trying to defend it.

[/quote']

I wasnt on about the eco valve bud ben posted a link to the 12v electric blower and me and oldmandon were just takin the piss

im actually getting quite worried reading this thread...... its like a dance off only with engine knowledge!! i dont understand half the stuff your talking about but it does sound interesting lol and dave' date=' you did make me chuckle rather with that comment haha :P

[/quote']

It is quite a funny read isn't it....aren't they sooo catty........funny though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben as usual you read fu*k all ...where did I say this was a good idea fitting one?

As for dizzy heights fella well if you can stand shoulder to shoulder with my and my work colleagues having spent the last 20yrs in the Army and still going strong well then maybe you can reach MY dizzy heights. But I doubt you would have the balls for it....then again as you seem to know everything about nothing maybe you have already achieved your dizzy heights!!

:-d :-d :-d you have one fitted and your saying it's good therefore .........

and wtf does the army have to do with anything ??? this is a car forum and you were banging on about the dizzying heights of fuel economy !! and now the army ?? although if random leaps like that is what 20 years has done then I am glad I wasnt in the army :)

Ben my apologies I thought your where casting aspersions on me not the fuel economy!

Anyway back on track....surely only the people who have used one of these valves before and after fitting can really say if they work?

As for long term engine problems having 'googled' the world I can't find anything stating anything but I did notice that any Eco-valve evidence sems to be provided by eco-tech and one other lab.

Are you talking to me apollo or ben? And Don im only messin m8 im sure you do drive it hard. (now and then)lol.

AAHHHHH I'm enjoying the banter mate....... I'm not being offended by any of it......so no probs my end....BUT I STILL DRIVE HARD got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

im actually getting quite worried reading this thread...... its like a dance off only with engine knowledge!! i dont understand half the stuff your talking about but it does sound interesting lol and dave' date=' you did make me chuckle rather with that comment haha :P

[/quote']

I am just trying to make light and a laugh of what is becoming a pretty aggressive thread. Come on lads everyone has said their piece now and obviously a difference of opinions, we are not that sort of club lads

This is just getting stupid now