mk1 golf vr6

new here, hoping for a bit of help, iv been building a mk1 golf shel for a few months now and im just about ready for engine. i had a 2l 8v that i was going to put in but after having a go in a freinds vr6 a few weeks ago there is no other way, it has to be vr6 or nothing. trawld breakers up and down the country and cant find a donar car in good enough nick. the only thing i have found is a sharan, bodywork is shot but the engine is a minter, only done 28k, is there any real spec difference in the sharan vr6 and a golf or any other, any pointers would be a massive help

iv put the 2l back in tghe mk3 and sold it for £1800. il have to dip into my budjet for the rest but a local garage are going to do it for me, i neary passed out at the thought of doing it myselfe when i looked into it. i think il just end up doing a few finishing bits of wiring and stuff myself

Honestly putting an enging and gear box in wasn't a big deal... front end off hoist and helping hands and it's easy...

As tony says keep trying to get a Golf's VR motor pref OBD2 mate... Try Ebay.Autotrader etc etc & good luck with the build

i did toy with the idea of doing it myself but if i get so far through and get stuck itl cost me more to get sum1 to put it right than it would have done to pay them to do it in the first place. its a shame cus id like to do the entire project myselfe witch until now i have, il try get some pics on

Nice project fella..!

I got a mk3 vr donor car sat ready for a project like this on an Lplate obd1 but has a schrick vsr! Looking for £1200 engines done around 130k but sounds good.

Situated in southampton but could deliver for cost price :)

• 3 weeks later...