Matts Build Thread....Finally!

ok so MOT was today as it got held back and suprise suprise.......Big fat fail! but not to bad! just a new back wheel bearing which i knew about and the reflctor inside my headlight has come completely loose from the light so it needs to be sorted, not quite sure if this is a simple job or if i need to take a trip to the scrappy!!! All in all, not to bad tho!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know!!! i mean i know insurance is meant to of gone up but not by 100%!!!!! i nearly fainted when i looked at the email. and this is only 3rd party fire and theft with 250 excess and parked on a drive in a nice quiet location!! theres not a chav to be seen from my house yet they seem to want to pull my trousers down!!! ok mate well il have a butchers tonite and see what i can remedy. will also ring flux tomoro and have a go at them because its not on really!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So i was bored yesterday and decided my bootbuild weighed to much so iv ripped it all out (ud be amazaed how heavy it all was!) and have welded in a bar which il be using for harnesses. iv now dcided to prperly strip out the back, sand it all down and il be spraying it gloss black to give it a nice clean and tidy look. sorry abut the picture, was a bit dark! IMAG0029.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just fitted a none leaking expansion tank (cheers ben!) and also a new pipe for the fuel reg (cheers craig :) ) as mine was kaput and basically fell apart in my hands when taking it off. hopefully the tank should sort my coolant problems fingers crossed! i did notice a bit of mayo on the cap along with loss of coolant and oil getting rather low which gets me rather worried but i suppose only time will tell. Also getting major chain rattle from the bay which i urgently need to sort so could be an expensive few months! Anyway new headlights now fitted courtesy of eastwood john which are looking a lot betted than the standards imo!

IMAG0042.jpg

The blue one is better?? i just chucked mine in the bin, il have to go searching haha yes i spoke to tony a few weeks back and hes happy to do it ;) just got to find the time! also may save a bit more and while things are being fiddled with (ooerr!!) i could maybe do some other bits and bobs at the same time i.e cams!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, Just fitted my new HID's into the new headlights, i dont have projectors so its not 100% how i want it but im happy. finding somewhere to mount them was a nightmare! and i will probably have to change the position of the ballasts at a later date but it was christmas morning and i wanted them on :P theyre 6000k so they are a nice blue :) also the new battery is fitted and running perfect so no charging my battery every few days :)