Syncro on the rollers

Justin mate!

Long time no see.

I went through this....

I notice you have the old style carbon intake pipes, yet a newer ZR2 cogged charger - which could indicate that the charger has been upgraded from a ZR1 but not the chip (early kits came with carbon fibre pipes, later ones came with samco). The original ZR1 from z-eng was only meant to make 220-225bhp - which was 50bhp above normal. When the ZR2 came out, people (including me) just swapped the new charger in, but did nothing about the chip (cos I didnt know any better then) - and the car still only made the same HP.

Long and short of it is, that you'll just need a new chip, or one of them dastek thingamajigs. AMD is £500, dastek is cheaper.

I've got an AMD chip for a supercharged, water/alcohol injected, schricked and 250cc injectored 2.9 vr6, if you ever get that far!!!! !ill

Jules

Hi Jules hows it going?

If you're right thats just what I wanted to hear! Was starting to worry that I was going to spend money on something that might not cure the problem... dastek is going to cost a smidge over £400 fitted & mapped inc vat at Engine Advantages (which is only 15mins away as opposed to 100+)

[ Edited Tue Jan 25 2005, 01:54PM ]