pedal box

right, just a simple query, is it possible to fit the mk3 clutch pedal into a mk2? essentially that's the only part of a conversion that means you gotta swapthe whole pedal set.

understand the mk3 clutch bracket will need a little tinkering but will it join up to the mk2 main pedal assembly?

the clutch pedals and bracket on a mk2 is seperate from the main pedal assembly but im having probs removing the mk3 pedals in order to compare them.

yes i know a rado one can be used and also a passat b5 but i cant find one of these at a sensible price. if it's not possible then i'll just run a cable clutchh and keep a couple of cable's spare in the boot for emergencies

if anyone has a rado hydrolic pedal set or the correct passat one then get in touch and we'll talk cash

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hey soory to hijack' date=' i have a mk1 vr obd2, it has a cable clutch! it grinds what cable would it most likely be? also would i be better off with carrado pedals and hydrolic clutch? will it bolt straight up?

[/quote']

The cable will be a Seat part.

Hydro pedal box does not bolt right in. Probably why the person who did the conversion didn't bother. The clutch/hydro setup is a bit of a half assed way of doing it in my opinion and most people end up converting to hydro at a later date when the cable snaps or they get fed up with the heavier clutch feel.

Best option is a Rado vr6 pedalbox. You need to hammer the firewall flat and drill a hole where the clutch master cylinder is located and you also need to cut and move the pedalbox top bracket over 20mm or so to make it fit properly. It will take you a good 6 hours+ to do it because there is dissassembly, marking out, hammering, drilling, trial fitting, measure twice, cut once!, cutting, welding, painting and assembly. Have fun!

• 1 month later...