how safe are wheels after re-drilling?

Cant get 15mm bmw adapters off the shelf so would only be custom and 1et DOES equal 1mm only if the wheel isnt changing at all i.e. new dish!

If they are 16x7 wide you could use 20 mm H&R adapters, which have steel insert so less chance of stripping the thread, and be at 7J et12 which will be perfect.

Cant get 15mm bmw adapters off the shelf so would only be custom and 1et DOES equal 1mm only if the wheel isnt changing at all i.e. new dish!

If they are 16x7 wide you could use 20 mm H&R adapters' date=' which have steel insert so less chance of stripping the thread, and be at 7J et12 which will be perfect.

[/quote']

when you say perfect how is it likely to look? tucked/flush/poked? got a picture somewhere. hold on. will post it up

16x7 et32 is easily do-able. Id run 20mm up front and 25mm at the back

when I get my wheels built back up ill be running 8J et20 and 8.5J et9

you're brave! this is what it had on mine when i got it

IMAG0143.jpg

these are 9x16 et15. these scrubbed the tyre sidewalls which is what im trying to avoid. if the new ones are going to be et12 but 7" does that mean they will stick out more or less???

I would have thought less cos the wheels aren't as wide. Ill check when I'm on the computer for ya (on phone atm)

I'm getting my arches rolled and going to be running 195/40 all round so should be fine. I did wanrt to run 9s but I've got to use adaptors so 9s aren't quite do-abke without arch flaring. But I don't want to loose the shape of the arches.

I would have thought less cos the wheels aren't as wide. Ill check when I'm on the computer for ya (on phone atm)

I'm getting my arches rolled and going to be running 195/40 all round so should be fine. I did wanrt to run 9s but I've got to use adaptors so 9s aren't quite do-abke without arch flaring. But I don't want to loose the shape of the arches.

yea fair enough. im a total noob when it comes to this. im badgering some poor bloke i dont even know on ed38 for pics of his mk3 with his rs's on. most seem to fit nicely but if im possibly spending a four figure number on rims id like to be sure. let me know. cheers

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to paying for dishes and adaptors if they aren't going to give the look I'm after cos they aren't cheap. So needs to be perfect first time round.

It wouldn't be someone called mexican that your asking? He's helped me out loads.

Hi again!!...

If they are 7" you should be fine. Your standard wheels should be 7" with et45 as i said earlier in thread. these are et32 gives you 13mm clearence inside and wheel stick out 13mm more than your wheel now. If you add 20mm adapters thats -20 on the et making et12 = 33mm inside clearence, 33mm more poke.

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to paying for dishes and adaptors if they aren't going to give the look I'm after cos they aren't cheap. So needs to be perfect first time round.

It wouldn't be someone called mexican that your asking? He's helped me out loads.

some guy called dubz. havent heard back from him though.

Here you go fella' date=' check this..

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

[/quote']

thats awesome

new wheels

7x16 et32 +20mm adapter = et12

ok so if i put in my 928 specs in the calculator, got a staggered set on and compare them with the RS's

7x16 et52 + 25mm adapter = et27.................=15mm more inner clearance/extend outer 15mm

8x16 et65 + 30mm adapter = et35..................=36mm more inner clearance/extend outer 10mm

calculator is helpful but does that sound right?

Why is this thread so hard to understand

Standard wheels are 6.5 not 7 and around et35.....so will poke 17mm more than standard

If you already have 928's at 7 et27 then et12 is gonna poke 15 more?????

FYI when an inch is added i.e. 7j or an 8j the width is added to the overall.....they wont stick out an inch more

The best calc is here www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp but its down at the moment

not hard to understand now mate. if id seen the calculator beforehand i wouldnt have asked. the problem is the clearance & poke the rs's will give. its my everyday drive so unfortunately have to compromise in a few areas. if i didnt have farm lanes, b-roads & motorways to deal (not to mention the potholes!) with on my commute id just buy them, stick them on and slam it.