had my vr on the rollers.

took my car to k-tec today for a few power runs and it made 163.4 bhp and about the same in torque,i thought this wasnt bad as i suppose it could have been worse lol.the operator did say that the fueling was spot on and it was a very healthy engine.it didnt make the best bhp but its nice to know the engine is sweet so im a very happy bunny.

based in verwood,they did say that the rollers are a bit conservative with the results.that figure was at the flywheel i beleive looking at the printout,maybe it aint that good then,the engine only done just over 70k and its standard apart from a bmc.

Rollers are shite mate, good for getting a baseline and then after mapping, to see your gains and thats about it.

so many variables to contend with from the tread on your tyres upto the equation that dyno manufacturer uses to calculate losses or simple operator error

if it pulls well, fueling is good and it keeps up with other VRs then its probably in the ball park.

I know a bloke that dyno'd an S4 2 days running and got a 40bhp difference between the two, just from using a different dyno and there was a thread on a Scooby forum a few years ago where a bloke had a difference of 15bhp just by changing tyres

My S4 was remapped at 345bhp 2 weeks ago, yet on the following day I destroyed an E46 M3 (344bhp) and also done a tuned Misti Galant VR4, with my car weighing 200kg more, so obviously putting out more than the dyno said

the fueling he said was spot on,on the road it pulls well and seems to be quick to me but ive never had a go against another vr.the dyno had only been repaired a few days before aswell.the only car i have had a lil go against was a e30 325is and it was quicker than that.