Do you just add a hockey puck to the top of the orig mount? I heard of a few people using 3 pucks (2 to replace the orig mount and 1 to raise the sump) But where do you get the longer bolt?

Anyone having problems with bonnet clearance because 25mm seems alot.

Just spacing the front mount will only move the front of the sump higher but its the sump plugs that is at the lowest point. So is anyone spacing out the other mounts?

Thanks

im using one 25mm 'puck' on the front engine mount. lifted the sump inline with the wishbones so quite a bit. would prob be very VERY close to bonnet id imagine with 3 pucks....but kno its been done so must be ok.

i jus used a hi-ten bolt from work...seen a website where u can order the right bolts...will have a dig around and try n find it for ya

lifted it enough...i'm using a polo drain plug too-sits flush cos its an allen key head and not a normal bolt type.

yea, undo the front mount bolt and throw it away...jack up under the sump enough to slide the 'puck' under and bolt it back together! 5 min job. obv ur new bolt needs to be 25mm longer than the original bolt

thats the bolt place http://www.namrick.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2enamrick%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fss000001%2epl%3fTB%3dA%26GB%3d%26SS%3d12%252e9%26PR%3d%2d1%26PG%3d%26REFPAGE%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww%252enamrick%252eco%252euk%252facatalog%252fHome_Metric_HT_Bolts___Nuts__24%252ehtml%26PN%3d1&WD=9%2012&PN=Home_Metric_Socket_Cap_Head_Screw__Grade_12_9_Zinc_Plated__34%2ehtml%23a315480#a315480

• 4 months later...

Bit of confusion. Ive had the pucks and bolts sat in the house for ages however.... some peopel are saying I can just raise the front, but others are saying I need to raise all 3. what you reckon?

eitherway I need the sump lifting up as is taking a beating.

well I would think if you only raised the front you would put extra stress on the other two but the original vw mounts are very soft so as long as they were in decent nick they could probably cope, if you hockey puck the front you will get a fair amount of cabin shake I would imagine and hockey pucking all three would be unbearable !! I know they are much much cheaper then the vibratechnics ones etc but there is a reason for that ;)

The lads that have done have said they haven't noticed any cabin shake. The pucks are hardened rubber so there's some give and its placed ontop of the orig mount. I just need more sump clearance and R32 sumps might be shallower but they shatter if hit unlike vr sumps.

• 3 weeks later...

Any one know If there is enough room to riase the other 2 mounts without the 6 branch catching the tunnel? Looks to be quite tight there already.

also if im raising the engine, am I right in thinking it will reduce the angle of the driveshafts but also bring them closer to the chasis?

• 2 years later...