south coast peoples, time to show everyone how nice we all are (meaning show me)

fuckin sweet guys, im trying to find a hub nut/drive shaft socket at the moment so it's easier to take out the whole thing in one go.

got doc's at 5.20 i think so should be ready to start by 6. just need the lump lifted out and put in the garage for now. but i need to undo some bits and bobs still as monday will be my first day on it for a couple of weeks and the last lot of work was swapping the brakes/rear beam and malarky.

does someone have a long reach bar to get at the rear mounts. the only raeson i ask is the tosser who fitted my engine done everything up with air tools. i could get a small compressor if need be if anyone has the air tools.

sorry to scavange but i only have a very basic tool kit of one set of spanners one socket set and a bunch of screwdrivers to do the entire swap with lol

can i just a add to this thread that i have got to say, i see the same names cropping up on these threads....your all a top bunch of guys and girls,makes a real difference all i can say is gutted no one near me.lol

Good luck wit this swap,...looks like your going to be in good hands!!

cheers special k.

these guys are fucking legends, im already way outa my depth on this lol, gunna cost me atleast a couple of pizza's a couple of cold bud's :) i cant afford to pay em so what other option ay, i cant pay in kind im not that type of boy, gotta have atleast 3 dates first lol.

Team South on the case. I'm thinking of taking the Audi into work on Monday with the hoist in the back. Saves me coming all the way back from Portsmouth just to go all the way back again. I'll bring some tools aswell.

Paul and myself turned up this afternoon after work for a little bit of Team South assistance. With Paul supervising the way and showing me which end of a spanner to use the pair of use had the engine out in under an hour. Driveshafts, exhaust manifolds, engine mounts and all ancillaries. There is always one aswell so there was the usual rounded off driveshaft bolt and sheared manifold stud. All in a good hours work.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

these boys are fecking legends, bungy turned up a little early as i was going to the doc's. ended up the doc running best part of 45 mins late and by the time i got back they had it swinging on the crane.

i'll say it again.....FCUKing LEGENDS

im sure i did put pics in the gallery, if not check dubscene some pics on there. gunna be selling everything not used in the conversion. so for starters it will be silly things like glass, interior, mk4 style head lights, strut bar, rear lights and that. for sale ad has been posted, then once the mk2 is up and running everything i find in the garage not attatched to the mk2 lol