[moved] are these the correct brake for my vr6

oh i see yer fuck knows they should be 288mm ring up just to make sure that stie isnt just wrong lol

early vr6 came with 280mm as standard they changed size on a 1995 vr6 so sum 1995 vr6 have 280mm and others have 288mm those ones u pointed to are for pre 1995 models with 280mm discs

same size as the mk4 gti turbo ones i posted it the bore size im wondering there both 288mm with a thickness of 25mm but it doesnt list bore size for the standard disc

I think iirc that ones you found aren't vented... and yes you should have 288mm on there.

But if your after an upgrade at the same time and have the wheel size - (16"+ ) then the 302mm TT set up is a big immprovement with out the need to upgrade servos/sensors/resevoirs etc etc etc etc

The standard Brembo discs and improved pads (fast road) should be fine unless you have something special planned..

FFS for how much your gonna spend on them you might aswell get 312 carriers and discs with the 6mm longer bolts and washers!!!!! will be better than them anyway! shall we just say that the website forgot to list the 288 for the mk3

FFS for how much your gonna spend on them you might aswell get 312 carriers and discs with the 6mm longer bolts and washers!!!!! will be better than them anyway! shall we just say that the website forgot to list the 288 for the mk3

thats the problem they havent forgot to list it, according to brembo they dont make the brembo max ones for a golf vr6 288mm. but they do make the same size disc for other applications ie galaxy vr6 sharan vr6 passat vr6 etc. 312mm discs would cost even more as only have 15" standard bbs wheels so would need another set of alloys.

Plus i dont think he wants to upgrade as nothing special is planned

just a replacement for worn dics?

these are what your after

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.8_1996/p/Car-Parts/Brakes/Brake-Friction/Brake-Discs/?104440358&1&50dffd53b1d3846bf1a779b056d3527e6acd338e&BDIS

cheers james ur spot on i havent got nething planned for the golf in fact not sure its going to be round much longer. but the discs are worn and need new ones just replaced the rears with brembo discs and ebc greenstuff pads. but need the front doing, it doesnt matter if it says golf gti 1.8 turbo on the listing will the disks fit a mk3 golf vr6 disk dia is same along with thickness is the stud pattern and bore for the centre the same on a mk4 and a mk3?