front fog light switch

hello just wondered , i have a golf gti ..... without front fogs . i want to fit some but i've been told that the switch is different for front fogs....... hows about the vr6's i'm guessing they all came with front fogs .???? what or where is the switch for them on the dash...... is it incorperated in the head light switch ? or else where?

many thanks

...............x

i think your switch should be ok. You pull the headilght switch once for fron fogs, then again for rear fogs. My last golf had no front fogs but the switch still had two pull settings. Reckon you only need the loom and the actual fogs. m If your headlight switch has 2 pull out settings i reckon you should be ok.

If it didn't come with front fogs, the switch will only have one 'pull' function, for the rear fogs. You can usually find the two pull switch on ebay, or look for one in a scrappy etc.

TBH the fogs are pretty useless anyway, so I never bothered on my GTI.

they maybe useless but they look........ so nice....... thanks to you all for the help ... and your right mine only has the one click on the fog light settings........ right off to find a switch and a loom.. i 'm guessing that the loom in question is like an extra plug and wires to the fog, switch, and power ....... hey get back to me if any of you has one going........ thanks again ...... and love ya bye bye...................xx