can anyone show me an eaton m90 supercharger

not worth it on a vr... Fine if u puttin one on a polo or something small but for the amount of faffin about u wouldnt get any real gain....but from what ive seen of them it would have to sit at the back of the vr like a turbo to make sure the belts run the right way hope this helps :)

It can be done there are videos of cars on youtube with them. They are just not supplied bolt on.

Someone on this forum also has one on his car.

Most are mounted on the front and then the alternator is relocated. Also assuming the cars are never running A/C.

There was one company that started to develop a kit as described above with it bolted to top of exhaust heat shield but belt routing was insane plus will heat soak load.

I hope to be doing my own swap with an eaton in the near future.

Here is one youtube link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMlde3agtcc

i have quite a bit of experience with Eatons and it's not a conversion I would do tbh.

Eatons suffer badly from heatsoak, in the VR6 bay you are going have big problems with this!

One of the more conventional supercharger set ups would be way more efficient. With bolt on kits going second hand for around the 2k mark that's where my money would go if I wanted to go supercharged..

Yea im not doing it for the most cheap or efficent option but so many turbos and rotrexs around these days nice to run something different.

Its a popular swap on the mustang cobra also jaguars and a lot of mercs run eatons so they arent all bad.

on the right application they are very good

personal opinion, but i just think a VR6 is the wrong application.

sometimes, different is not always better :)

good luck if you do it though, variety is the spice of life apparently!

There's a guy on here who has an Eaton off a Jag or Merc in his MK3 VR, I can't remember the model of it, (or his username!) but I've been out in that car it's seriously impressive. All home built and running a great Chargecooler and twin throttle setup, and mapped by Uncle Vince :-)

I found it to be very smooth and very grunty. Unlike the Rotrex and Vortech, the Eaton gives plenty of bottom end torque. His felt almost like an R32 kick you get a 2K rpms, and it held it well through the revs too.

I think it's a good conversion :-)

Its a massive job to be honest. If your good at fabricating or have a friend who can do it then your okay. Some of the main issues ive come across :

Location - if front maybe you will need to move the radiator due to the size plus relocate the alternator

If its on the back then your going to need to come up with a very good belt tensioner system,

Belt tension : most likely need to design your own tensioner system

Intercooling : if running on the front maybe not enough room to run a hidden front mount so need either charge cooler or cut the bumper up.

Pulley : will need to get one the correct size for your power goals

Throttle body position : You can run one before the supercharge intake but it will result in not the best throttle response. In order to get the best you will need to come up with a twin throttle body set up with one before intake and one after.

If your really interested get supercharged by Corky Bell its a great book to read even if you decide to run something else.

Obviously you have all the normal stuff as well like injectors ect.

one very VERY important thing is make sure when using an Eaton that the belts are perfectly aligned.

doing this by eye is not good enough, a lot of people use laser alignment... as it needs to be perfect.

this is where mine went wrong, combined with poor belt tension (this was on a Polo G40 mind)