Help please, coil pack meltdown .Well second time in a week and another missfire.

Bummer mate' date=' is there any reason why it would have failed?

If you want a hand any time give me a call bud :-)

[/quote']

Cheers buddy, I really appreciate it. Looks like a coil pack went into melt down and now that Matt from C2 has been out with his team they found a 30amp fuse that had blown.

So here's the update. Matt from C2 came out with his team and plugged my ECU into the computor and it was ok. After some clever backtracking and reading of the wiring diagrams he couldn't understand why one of the relays didn't have the correct supply. I checked the fuses again with direction from Matt and found the blown fuse. I felt a prize nugget, i'd checked them all before but managed to miss this one. New fuse and original ECU in and it fired up. A little lumpy at first but soon settled down. Now most people would of said their goodbyes and wondered off muttering but not these guys. A thorough run through with VCDS and a remap to boot. I really can't thank them enough and with service like that, absolute winners.

Looks like water had settled in the hole with the coil pack and shorted it out which is why it went into meltdown. The fuse did it's job but is not labelled up on the fuse card but I know where it is now. Every day is a school day.

Again a big thankyou to the C2 guys.

nice one mate glad she is up and runing' date=' but just a fuse so where does the little bugger live (fuse)

[/quote']

I'll take a picture over the weekend and post it up for reference. I've got it in upside down at the moment to make it easy to identify.

Car runs better now and pulls stronger through the rev range. I really can't thank Matt from C2 enough. Top job and top bloke.

On the way to Pauls today for a bit of car filming and to my horror my car has started to miss again but is still running. Can either be the same coil pack as last time and the failure is caused by something else, or the coilpacks are all the same age and starting to break down. I'll investigate tomorrow and hope it is a different CP and not the new one that went in last week.