• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, first post wahey.

I just got a VR off my friend and this one revs up past the limiter, infact it feels like the power doesn't come in untill 6000rpm. Apparently this has been chipped and isn't immobilised. I wondered if the rpm output from the ECU had changed as a side effect? My car is a German import too so not sure if it never had an immobiliser to start with.

my ecu clocked a fault as 'exceeded maximum rev limit' a couple of month's ago. that was only a 1 off and only coz i lost traction practicing my lauch technique. i usually change at about 6700 IF im absolutely raging it. that's about the best place for a vr imo, a good punt is about 5000

my ecu clocked a fault as 'exceeded maximum rev limit' a couple of month's ago. that was only a 1 off and only coz i lost traction practicing my lauch technique. i usually change at about 6700 IF im absolutely raging it. that's about the best place for a vr imo, a good punt is about 5000

can someone tell me where everyone hits the rev limit... Mine revs off the clock in 1st and 2nd. 3rd about 6200 (what i thought was normal from memory) then 4th is about 6000 and had the limiter in 5th hit at about 5500 the other day but that doesn't happen all the time

I was too busy looking at the road.

On a closed private road ;)

Of course! I only ever drive fast on a closed private road!

In 2nd gear I get to about 60mph and 3rd I get to 100mph. I haven't checked what speed I'm doing in 1st, 4th or 5th at the redline.

In 2nd gear I get to about 60mph and 3rd I get to 100mph. I haven't checked what speed I'm doing in 1st' date=' 4th or 5th at the redline.

[/quote']

Speeds sounds about right to me.. mine did 138 on the dyno in 4th.. and managed 130 on a closed private road ;) which a don't think is bad with the wind resistance etc

What is your guys vehicle speed when you get to the redline in 2nd and/or 3rd? Might help to see if mine going off the clock is just a rev counter issue

Easy way to check this... and I think you'll love it :D

Put your key in ignition - number 2 so lights are on dash, press and hold the button in left dial that re-sets trip computer, hold button and turn ignition off, keep buttom held and start car.

Release the button and press it intill the number 4 comes up..

Now you have a digital rev counter :-p

Compare the digital readout to speedo readout. The digital will be exact (or to nearest 25rpm) as it's taken from the ECU.

In 2nd gear I get to about 60mph and 3rd I get to 100mph. I haven't checked what speed I'm doing in 1st' date=' 4th or 5th at the redline.

[/quote']

yeah i wouldn't dream of it on a public road..

i get 40 in 1st. 85 in 2nd 100 in 3rd. 120 in 4th and can't seem to get past 135 in 5th

What is your guys vehicle speed when you get to the redline in 2nd and/or 3rd? Might help to see if mine going off the clock is just a rev counter issue

Easy way to check this... and I think you'll love it :D

Put your key in ignition - number 2 so lights are on dash' date=' press and hold the button in left dial that re-sets trip computer, hold button and turn ignition off, keep buttom held and start car.

Release the button and press it intill the number 4 comes up..

Now you have a digital rev counter :-p

Compare the digital readout to speedo readout. The digital will be exact (or to nearest 25rpm) as it's taken from the ECU.

[/quote']

ill try that as well. see if its really revving off the clock in 2nd.. nice one

it's #7 not #2.

sorry to butt in. my rev counter say's the car is idling at 550 but my digital rev counter say's 750.

on private race track with a 3 mile straight i get 55 in 1st 85 in 2nd 105 in 3rd, never done 4th but was still accelerating as the speedo indicated 145 in 5th

thats quite fun just did this with mine but spend a lot of time lookin at it lol....but what is goin on with position 6 i clicked thro them all when goin along and position 6 counts up rather quickley whats this for ??

it's #7 not #2.

sorry to butt in. my rev counter say's the car is idling at 550 but my digital rev counter say's 750.

on private race track with a 3 mile straight i get 55 in 1st 85 in 2nd 105 in 3rd' date=' never done 4th but was still accelerating as the speedo indicated 145 in 5th

[/quote']

what's you limiter at!! I want mine to do 85 in 2nd :D

thats quite fun just did this with mine but spend a lot of time lookin at it lol....but what is goin on with position 6 i clicked thro them all when goin along and position 6 counts up rather quickley whats this for ??

I think it indicated inches or something stupid. I thought it's great that it's 10k inches to my girlfriends house :D

You can do it with the MFA on the wiper stalk too.. Do the same thing but do the button on the end not the trip computer thing.

You can do it for 1 and 2 too on the wiper stalk. all does different stuff.

I think it indicated inches or something stupid. I thought it's great that it's 10k inches to my girlfriends house :D

You can do it with the MFA on the wiper stalk too.. Do the same thing but do the button on the end not the trip computer thing.

You can do it for 1 and 2 too on the wiper stalk. all does different stuff.

Courtesy of Nat from a thread in December.

Here's the MFA functions...

the MFA has some hidden functions.

Here's how you do it:

1.Switch your MFA switch to position 1

2.Switch your car to "ON" (Don't start it!)

3.Press and hold the mode button

4.Turn the key to "Off", then back on.

5.Release the mode button.

Now when you cycle through the modes, you get this info:

-Engine MAP code

-Country code (1=Canada, 4=US)

-speedometer drive ratio

-upper RPM limit

-lower RPM limit

-deceleration fuel shutoff pressure (mbars)

-LCD Test

And, if you do this:

1.Switch your MFA switch to position 2

2.Switch your car to "ON" (Don't start it!)

3.Press and hold the mode button

4.Turn the key to "Off", then back on.

5.Release the mode button.

6.Start the car and drive

You now get these values:

-Test checksum of programmed bytes in memory

-intake manifold vacuum (mbar)

-engine rpm's

-fuel consumption

-signal from speed sensor

-oil temperture

-Outside temperature