VAG COM on vista install help

Ive tried to find the answers on here but i cant get any. What it is is ive just got my vagcom off of ebay today, ive got windows vista ive heard it can be a right pain off some people and its easy off others. Ive installed the drivers off the disc i got with it (think i have done it right) But in the read me doc, it says if you have vista then run such a such a folder... opened said folder, and there are just a load of files, clicked a few but nothing happens, theres nothing that you simply click and it runs itself and installs whatever

Its the 409.1 driver, downloaded the software that seems ok

Anyone know about this? Need it to solve the starting problem on my car

Thanks in advance! :D

KIeron

the one on the left here ??? > http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/

Mines 409.1 lead so is that still the right software as the other is called 409?

AS for the usb port set up, how do i do that, i plugged it into a usb slot, then run the vag com in the car and did the test thing, 3 didnt work and 1 said its ok, obviously the one i had it plugged in to... is that how you mean by set up the usb?

Sorry if these are really daft questions but ive never used it before :)

EDIT: p.s the page i have put a link to, if it is the one on the left i need to download is it the blue writing i click or one of the black boxes underneath (if so which box)

i run the new version 908 and beta 10.3 all ok on vista but have been told that the older version don't like it

on mine when you "click" on the vcds logo on your desktop (not conected to car) you get a screen that gives you the choice of what you want to do IE:run fault scan, reset service lights ect ect well the last one on mine is options in there is a option for usb click that and then click test button then save button all without conecting to car

Having told u all that mine has decided to gay off on me! I have also heard The 9 version is glitch free on vista, so will look for a copy of that and let u know!

As far as usb goes, u need to got to hardware and assign it to a port..

ill try with the 908 if it still doesnt work ill get the beta 10 thing and try that. ive just tryed in a usb port not connected to my car and tried comms1-comms4 and when i click on the 3rd comm it says port ok, interface (cant remember the word but it was basically saying no or its bad etc) im guessing that its because it isnt connected to a car ?

guys im still stuggling to get this to work :( ive tried running it as windows xp on vista, tried both software new and old, furthest i can get is it says port ok, interface, found! then save it and try to scan it but it doesnt work

Not sure if its finding my car or not, im getting the message from comm3 port when i try connect through that which says port ok, interface found or something like that, then i try and scan it and it does loads of scanning but doesnt find anything then i try and scan say airbag for instance and it says it cannot do it due to (then something along the lines of its not picking a signal up)

right click on your vag-com shortcut on your desktop and click 'run as administrator' I also edit the copy protection of the vacom folder in c:\program files\vag-com. Right click on the vag-com folder -> properties. Click the security tag then click edit then in the new window click add. Type 'everyone' then click OK. Then in the box that appears click everyone and tick the box full control then click apply. Job done for me