New braided brake hoses pressure bled but feels like air still

Ive had braided hoses fitted and it feels like air in the lines even after pressure bleeding twice, i swapped to braided hoses to get better feel and its far worse!

Its spongy like theres air still in there somewhere even though there apparently cant be, the pedal has to travel further to get any response too

Any help?

Cheers

As the original lines had 13 years exposure to muck and weather the ends were all welded together, so I had to cut the metal lines and run new lines, so they were disconnected from the ABS pump, im getting surer and surer that it needs vagcom to purge the valves.

Theyve suggested that each corner wants blocking off with a sealed plug then bleeding 1 corner at a time too now, but i thought thats what the bleed nipples are for no?

Ive had braided hoses fitted and it feels like air in the lines even after pressure bleeding twice' date=' i swapped to braided hoses to get better feel and its far worse!

Its spongy like theres air still in there somewhere even though there apparently cant be, the pedal has to travel further to get any response too

Any help?

Cheers

[/quote']

ive got this problem to about 2 months ago i changed front & rear discs pads and fitted a set of goody`s and my brakes feel the same like they have air in the system even after pressure bleeding, i have been using it, under normal driving it stops but if i rag it and have to stop quick well put it this way there`s been some hairy moments is this an easy fix with the vag-com?????

These snippets of information are what i have found so far

off vwvortex,

IIRC there is a procedure to bleed the brakes using the vag-com.

You put the car up on jacks,

connect the vag-com.

Select ABS

then one of the options on the ABS screen gives you the testing / bleeding procedure.

You need 2 people, one to operate the vag and the brake pedal the other to bleed the brakes as required by the

vag display.

The software takes you through the whole process telling you when to apply brake pressure and what bleed screws

to open and close.

IIRC it's just the front bleed screws used.

someone else on a gti-vr6 website or something,

Then cycle the pump using the VAG-COM software. To do this, choose “ABS Brakes†from the main menu.

Then select “Test Output†and follow the on-screen instructions.

The computer will cycle the pump, and then test each of the valve positions, one corner at a time.

After this is done, you should have good brake feel again.

I’ve heard that running the pump for more than 30 seconds or so could lead to the pump overheating

and susbsequent damage, so accomplish this procedure reasonably quickly.

from Ross tech themselves,

Procedure for Bleeding the ABS Brake Pump on VW Golf, GTI, Jetta, and Audi TT:

[select]

[03 - ABS Brakes]

[basic Settings - 04]

Group 001

[Go!]

This will trigger the ABS pump to turn on for about 10 seconds. You should hear the fairly loud pump clicking during this time.

Click the [Done, Go Back] button and you're all set.

Then backed up again by a rosstech employee off an audi website about bleeding a 1998 audi a3

You've got a Teves 20, almost identical to the one I had in my 1997 Golf VR6. I don't think there's any harm in starting the Output Test sequence or the Bleeding Sequence (Basic Settings Group 001) and then aborting it after you've verified that the pump runs. I've done both in the distant past on the VR6 (which I sold in 2002) but neither of these is an "approved" procedure in the repair manual so I'm not going to give you any iron-clad guarantees.

So i am assuming as its in so many places this is the correct method?

not hard to do with vag-com mate it will lead you through the procedure i have got a licened version 908 so if you get stuck give me a shout only in chichester so not to far from southampton (vrstormt)

thanks mate your a life saver i will defo be up for sorting it out it`s rubbish compared to what it was like it feel so spungy since i fitted the grooved an drilled discs greenstuff pads and goodridges all round thought this was an upgrade not down grade lol if you pm your number i will give you a call thanks again....

did that, but i cut the lines so it removes the current integrity of the hydraulic system or sommat, i had the front lines disconnected as it was easier to run all new fronts. See what happens tomorrow hopefully the OBD2 usb will hook up as its not been up to the car yet so dont know if it'll make a successful connection till i try it.

I bled my ABS pump and system with vagcom using the basic bleed and also turned the rears upside down to release any air pockets. I also used the output test to run each corner through the pump with the bleed screws open and air bubbled out. This improved things markedly but still felt a bit numb and there was about an inch or so of nothing before any resistance was felt even thought there was def not a lack of power. Having a goof B-road blast to give the brakes some good exercise has brought all the meat back and it now has resistance right from the top of the pedal.

All in all, success

when you say you turned the rears upside down you removed and then the bleed nip`s were at the bottom? and when we done the auto bleed to mine it was only the fronts the vag-com done, me thinks now i need to have another go probably best to do it when it`s not forecast rain (lol russ) was this on the full (newest vag-com version)?