Time attack MK3 VR6 Quattro

Hi,

Im building my MK3 golf to compete in time attack next year, the spec will be roughly!

S4 quattro running gear with audi S8 gearbox

Longitudinal mounted VR6 Turbo engine

17x9.5 wheels

Custom steel arches

Lots of aero (prob similar to carpi golf)

Thats the basics now for a couple of photos!

The shell when I got it!

VR6shell.jpg

The shell rolling on standard running gear with panels!

P3151208.jpg

and lastly, in my bodyshop starting to get stripped down ready for shot blasting next week. Going to make a rollover jig this weekend will make it easier to mock up the tranny!

IMG_0143.jpg

Cheers Mike

what class you entering in ' date=' as im thinking of giving it a go. just not to sure about the regs and if i will need a cage..

[/quote']

It will be club challenge you dont need a cage but in putting a full weld in incase i go up a category! If you need information all the rules and regs are on there site do you want me to post the links for you?

Oh and thanks for all the welcome's hopefully your a nice bunch of lads look forward to doing a trackday or 'ring trip some day!

Here is a link to there videos!

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.php/galleryvideos/official-videos/

And a link to the club challenge series for driver and car!

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.php/2009-events/rules-and-regulations/club-car-regs-2009/

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.php/2009-events/rules-and-regulations/club-driver-regs-2009/

Oh yeah its about £1300 to enter for the season(4 races) and you can only use toyo R888 tyres so its gonna get expensive!

Cheers Mike

wow like the sounds of this was just looking on 034motorsport and thought how cool it would be to run a vr inline like there time attack car how does the engine and box line up is the engine gona be hanging over the front

They use a special plate that they sell to bolt the two together!

Im not too sure if its going to work yet, by my calculations it should fit but I will have all my parts to mock up by the end of next week!

sounds good cant wait to see how you get on with this, what are you doing with the rear you using the syncro setup or going totaly custom, id love to set mine up this way one day but its looks even more work than fitting the r32 setup n thats taking me forever to do good look with this

sounds good cant wait to see how you get on with this' date=' what are you doing with the rear you using the syncro setup or going totaly custom, id love to set mine up this way one day but its looks even more work than fitting the r32 setup n thats taking me forever to do good look with this

[/quote']

Im gonna build a tubular subframe to mount the quattro rear diff, good things come to those who wait you will enjoy it when its finished!

Ive got it just about stripped now and drawn up a rollover/transport jig just need to get hold of some box section!

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Then I cut off the suspension top mounts flush so I can adjustable top mounts, I got a couple of pics but my phone run out of juice will get some more tomorrow but you get the idea!

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Cheers Mike

Talk about a bargain...................... Ive managed to pick up an R32 head for £102 and a AUE engine for £200 that makes the perfect hybrid engine for £320 plus some petrol money!

I believe someone in my other thread said that the head bolts are 2 different diameters? Will have to look into it when I get them, nothing a bit of machining cant sort out!

I was looking at that motor lol.

Thats still on there, I take it you mean the one on ebay?

Ive got an engine from my local vw/audi breakers its drop a valve and knackered the head up I was told, not really to bothered as long as the block is alright!