spool the death start rofl!

i wasnt to sure about the wastegate because by the time you price up the adaptors to get it to fit to either an spa/atp mani you could have probably purchased the right sized tial in the first place

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSR are defo right on the wastegate though, the bigger, the better :-)

I just learned Holset is a British company....

On the 29th March 1952 with Mr D M Henshaw as Chairman and Mr Paul J F Croset as the Managing Director' date=' Holset was born as a Limited Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of BHD Engineering Limited Group. The name Holset was created from the names of HOL mes and CroSET. [/quote']

So if they're British - and yay to that, can't beat British engineering - how come they're not seventy billion pounds like all the other top British brands, like AP Racing, Alcon, Compomotive, etc etc?? LOL!

I guess you could buy 2 Holset HX35 or 40s for the price of 1 GT35R.

Damn you lot..... I was happy with my 35! LOL! :-)

i don't know how true this is but a local lad with a 1.8t gt3071 build runs a screamer pipe and is exits out the side of his car behind the front wheel - he told me that you can have it as long as it doesnt exit out the left side of the car which would face pedestrians - ive never bothered looking into but it maybe a starting point of research for anyone who is serious about it

matty.vrt - do you have any vids or sound files of how it sounds? - wastegate chatter is so much more interesting than dump valves

So long as the screamer isn't in the engine bay, it's fine. Fires have been known to start from engine bay screamers, not to mention dangerous levels of Carbon monoxide entering the cabin! But I don't think any of us are daft enough to do that. I saw it on the Vortex - enough said, LOL! :-)

This 1.8T GT3071, is it in a MK2 Golf? I sold my old 3071 to a chap with a MK2 1.8T. Making something like 450 horse or something. Sweet :-)

The pavement law sounds a bit odd. It depends on what side of the road you're driving on, surely? I've seen Caterhams with side exist exhaust on either side of the car. All sounds a bit odd to me, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

lol - how many road laws do make any sense??

the lad with the 20v gt3071 has in in a polo actually. Infact im pretty sure its not even a 1.8t anymore, its now a 1.9t and runs around the 500bhp mark. That was the last time i saw him and the car but its always being developed so spec could have easily changed

Think he's running 1.5 bar

lol - how many road laws do make any sense??

the lad with the 20v gt3071 has in in a polo actually. Infact im pretty sure its not even a 1.8t anymore' date=' its now a 1.9t and runs around the 500bhp mark. That was the last time i saw him and the car but its always being developed so spec could have easily changed

[/quote']

500 brake in a Polo, flippin eck! :-)

Nice turbo the 3071 though, very nice indeed!

id have thought open dumps aren't legal as there's no mini cat.

These Holset are defo very good regarding reliability. trucks cover silly millage so they will be built to last. Denis fire engines have these turbos.. the odd few went wrong but that was to be expected. wish i new that when i still worked for them. probably could have got one for cheep.

i wouldn't be put of buy the price. there cheep because there for the truck market and not performance cars lol

yes the polo is very quick indeed,on our "local strip" it kept up with a r34 skyline gt-r v spec nismo edition (which is 550bhp from factory) even though it had trouble launching

love that video matty!! in particular how your mate cakes it at the start lol