Xmas money...what to buy first?

Ok here's my problem, I have a bog standard 95'vr6.

I want to do it up but where to start?

My motor was "bumped" the other week & the headlight

smashed so I will obviously get that sorted first, but am thinking of getting smoked or crystals or summit...

lighting.jpg

Next I thought I might get some prettier/bigger wheels, but having read about them making handling worse, why bother?

(maybe I will just get some 16" and lower the suspension!)...

wheels.jpg

Then of course there is the body styling, so far I know I want to get a de-baged grille & I have added a little summit extra...

exteriorstyling.jpg

Let's not forget the ICE system...

ice.jpg

Or the interior, like my rally Taz seats...

interior.jpg

Then there is the engine to consider, the speed limit over here (Jersey) is 40mph so why bother? However if I do upgrade is there an order that is best to change things?

ie 1:air intake

2:pulley/fly wheels

Last or maybe first...a respray? I would like to take the plastic wheel arches off but I read you need to respray after!

So to conclude...I know this will take a lot of money & it's not like I can just drive to my local vw custom shop as we don't have one :(

My head is spinning from all of this, I don't know what to do &

if you don't help me...then Kitty gets it...

kitty.bmp

It's all about money.... How much have you got to spend? what area are you looking to improve over any other?

example: I've just stuck some 16" schmits on my mota, with coilovers and ARB's... that lot has cost me over a grand!

engine wise, for BHP per £ your best off with a charger, if you are not planning to go down the forced induction route, then a Schrick VGI manifold is the way to go..... as you've stated, the speed limit is only 40MPH over there, so a schrick would benefit you as it changes the characteristics low end on the VR engine no end!

Air filters/ zausts are really for sounds only, you wont get any real performance gains from them ....

sit your car lower, slap some alloys on and get a new deep front skirt along with some new lights, it will look alot better! (PS remove the bingo ball from ya aerial :) hehe

Pete

Start with a suspension kit, then fit some 16" or 17" alloys. Then fit some aftermarket headlights and clear side repeaters. That will transform the look of the car, and you should have plenty of change from a Grand if you shop around on eBay etc. for the bits. Maybe enough to get yourself a stereo too.

Bear in mid that 17" wheels will make the ride VERY hard. 16" wheels are usually considered the best compromise between looks and ride quality/handling.

[ Edited Tue Dec 28 2004, 02:26AM ]

agree with suspension being the first port of call, no good looking good if you gonna fall off the road on the first tight bend you arrive at! then concentrate on the aesthetics of the car itself! there's plenty out there now for theses cars and as has already been stated, its down to how deep your pockets are with the vr6!

Adjustable Coilovers are a great idea if you can afford the slightly higher price tag, 'cos they allow you to get the ride height and stiffness exactly the way you want it, and even change it in the future if you want to go for a different "look".

An added advantage is that coilovers can fetch very good money on the second-hand market if you ever decide to sell the car. Just make sure you keep your standard suspension bits and you're laughing.