My alarm has gone Apeshit

not a bad guess nick...........the only advice i can suggest is the other day when it was sunny, we had the sun visors down, parked the car up and walked away, and the alarm went off. The sun visors were blocking the proximities on the a pillar. Which might count of the alarm going off...............and the dead Fob sounds like the battery. Do you have a spare fob you could try ?

• 1 month later...

low car battery? The car alarm needs 13milliamps constant to run and stay happy, as soon as it senses a drop below that it thinks its being dissconnected from the battery and proceeds in going off. But then u wouldnt be able to start the car either...... so i dont know :)

• 1 month later...

With Cliffords if you turn the key round then back again the alarm will beep once and turn itself off untill you start the engine again, how this affects what happens when you try and remove the battery I don't know.

When ever i've had to remove the power lead from the battery, it usually removes ok, but when you go to put it back on the alarm will more than likely go off untill you have fitted the lead properly and pressed the keyfob. All the worse cos your ears are right next to the siren x)

Basically if you jiggle the lead so the power goes on and off quickly then the alrm goes off (Ithink)