Renewal time again

Really don't understand insurance companies. My VR is standard bar the wheels and suspension and I have 6 points :( doing the usual calling around and get some real funny quotes £2000+ cheers Tesco &| . But start getting some decent price noteablly from Brentacre (£835). Then called HIC they bettered it still (£800) and only company let was Adrian Flux (really didn't wana go there) nice quote of £720 inc allowance for air filter and exhaust. Thought one last try with HIC again and they went down to....................£635 inc non competive track day cover and air filter and exhaust. Now why the feck couldn't they just quote me that in the first place and save me all that trouble? Well thats my rant over with. Till next year I guess 8)

• 4 weeks later...

I had exactly the same situation as you dub_weiser. Im currently with HIC and had a Almera GTI, when i swapped to my VR6 (witha all mods declared) it was exactly the same figure which was cool! When my renewal came in it was £600 (same as before) phones around a bit and one conpany offered it to me for £320 (TPFT) Phoned HIC and they took it down to £280 with DD payments it is the same at 320 quid. It always pays to get quotes from other companies first....

Personally I would never go TPFT of a VR - you would lose so much money if something happened to it! My last Golf was FC and it was only a mk2 16v - luckily I got the full value of the car when i wrote it off in a no other driver accident! If i had been TPFT i would have lost out on £2200+