damp drivers foot well, misting up

I have this problem in my car and it isn't the heater matrix. If you are losing coolant then it's possible that the matrix could be leaking but as Ben said, it could be sunroof drainage tubes clogged up. A few other possible places are the area around the pollen filter (so check for a build up of leaves), the windscreen and also the rubber seals around the door. It's looking as though I'm going to have to strip the carpets out of mine to get to the root of the problem and also to allow them to dry properly as the underlay/soundproofing acts like a sponge and will absorb and hold a lot of water before you can actually feel or see the water on the carpet.

Kevin

This will be your heater matrix gone' date=' this is a dash out job so quite a mission... :(

[/quote']

? usually goes on the passenger side for matrix. Clean out the sunroof drains as said open the roof and youll see them. Also check door rubbers !

Water does go down between the door and door glass. It then exits out of the drain holes in the bottom of the door outside of the door seal.

If you have recently had the door cards off or changed anything, then water can track down and come in that way. To check your sun roof drain holes get inside and let someone run a hose outside the car and have a good root around. If you're not loosing coolant then i'd go this route first.

i can vouch for water being there for a long time before you even notice. My carpets were dry on top but taking them out the insulation was piss wet through and it had obviously been there for years as it had rusted right through the underside of the car and ive had to weld a patch into my floor!

i have had this and finall y fouind the route cause. There is a drain hole next to the pollen filter mount, this was blocked the hell with leaves amnd god knows what else. Any water draining down there normall was not able to go anyway so instead it rotted the seal on the bottem of the pollen filter box and simply made its way down to the carpet. mine is/was drenched, had a heater on the carpet all weekend, problem is it begins to smell abit too! have a good look at it though as i could not figure it out for ages!! there is also a little grommet drain on the inside of the doo panel on the body of the car, should see it just above the wire harness for the front door. get something like a bike spoke and poke that up there, did it on mine and i thought i had a waterfall as an extra on the car.

i have had this and finall y fouind the route cause. There is a drain hole next to the pollen filter mount' date=' this was blocked the hell with leaves amnd god knows what else. Any water draining down there normall was not able to go anyway so instead it rotted the seal on the bottem of the pollen filter box and simply made its way down to the carpet. mine is/was drenched, had a heater on the carpet all weekend, problem is it begins to smell abit too! have a good look at it though as i could not figure it out for ages!! there is also a little grommet drain on the inside of the doo panel on the body of the car, should see it just above the wire harness for the front door. get something like a bike spoke and poke that up there, did it on mine and i thought i had a waterfall as an extra on the car.

[/quote']

i think this is the problem i have coz all the front windows on the drivers side are steamed up and the carpet on the drivers footwell is a bit damp to,,i must give the above a go tomorrow

its well worht doing it, once the problem is solved the next job is sorting out the damp carpet, bloody hard in this weather!! i have had a heater on it for most of the weekend and it did clear the majority of it up. aslong as the water stops coming in though!

let me know how you get on.