Hey guys n girls, need to pick your brains!!!

Went to put one of thoes little breather filters on today, and when i pulled off the pipe thats being replaced with it, there was what looked like a bunch of thin copper wires in there?!! &| . im sure these are meant to be there but is it ok to take them out?

my car is obd1 if that helps? Also am i right in saying that all i have to do once the breather filter is on, is just block the hole left in the intake pipe that goes to the throttle body?

Appreciate any help people, thanks..

[ Edited ]

The little bunch of wire wool stuff is meant to function as a flame trap.

I've tried one of those little K&N filters on the engine breather, and to be honest they really arent worth the effort.

For a start, you will get oil dripping all down the back of the engine and onto the number one plug lead.

Secondly, you'll get the nasty stinky oil smells coming into the car when stopped in traffic - I found I couldnt have the air blower / heater on when stopped in traffic, otherwise I would have gassed myself.....

Jules

The little bunch of wire wool stuff is meant to function as a flame trap.

I've tried one of those little K&N filters on the engine breather' date=' and to be honest they really arent worth the effort.

For a start, you will get oil dripping all down the back of the engine and onto the number one plug lead.

Secondly, you'll get the nasty stinky oil smells coming into the car when stopped in traffic - I found I couldnt have the air blower / heater on when stopped in traffic, otherwise I would have gassed myself.....

Jules[/quote']

I can second that! i've not removed my oil breather and put standard back on.