I have a 97 Highline which has a problem when starting. When you turn the key it takes about about a good 7-8 seconds to start. It doesn't matter if the car is hot or cold it just takes an age to get going and then is a bit lumpy for a few seconds but does sort it self out.

I had it VAG=Com the other day and it came up with a few fault which all cleared down and haven't come back.

Has anybody else had a similar problem.

• 5 months later...

If your VRs are OBD 1 then you have an ISV (idle stabilisation valve) its probably that has got a bit dirty... you can remove it and clean it up and it should help...

If your VRs are OBD 2 then it wont be that! lol.

Other things to look out for with rough idle or start ups is plugs, leads, coilpack (check for cracks) and also the MAF. :)

I have a 97 Highline which has a problem when starting. When you turn the key it takes about about a good 7-8 seconds to start. It doesn't matter if the car is hot or cold it just takes an age to get going and then is a bit lumpy for a few seconds but does sort it self out.

I had it VAG=Com the other day and it came up with a few fault which all cleared down and haven't come back.

Has anybody else had a similar problem.

Can be anything to do with Ht Leads to Plugs...

Its not getting enough spark to fire..

When did you change the Plugs last.. If it was the coil pack playing up, you would notice the Car missing etc..!