i want to replace my door handles on my 3 door with ones without locks. Does anyone know if i can just buy a set of rear door handles and fit them straight on. Also will handles from any other model fit straight on. ( Polo, Golf mk4, Passat etc) Cheers

Polo ones will go on but take a bit of work and the locking mechanism can go wrong with them but I believe you can just buy rears to go on the front mate yeah

Yer i have Polo mk4 rear door handles on mine. Only once (touch wood) did the passenger door get stuck. This was down to the fact the hook on the handle had slipped off the latch. You can avoid this ever happening by bending the latch slightly so it sits in the hook better but it takes a bit of work. Even though its "just a latch" it is relatively thick and space is very limited. Heating it up and bending it slightly would probs be your best option to avoid snapping it.

I personally couldn't be ars*d with any of the above lol and left mine and like i said, its never happened since, touch wood!

Thanks Ollie... took door cards off to get the remainder of plastic flocked and had a nosey at the door handles from the indside,,, From the looks of things i am fairly sure that Not only Polo handles will fit but sure that the older shape Leon handles will go on too,,,,

• 1 month later...

I have just got a pair of rear door handles to fit, only thing worrying me is that at some point someone has removed the drivers side door lock pin, and replaced it with an LED! I want to keep the pins, incase I get locked out, can always get in through the boot afterall!

• 1 month later...