Strange oil problem please help

I have a strange problem with my 96 vr6 golf.

The oil is mixing with coolant but no coolant is finding its way into the engine?

I ran a compression test which had all cylinders holding same compression, the head has been skimmed and has a brand new head gasket. It was only on for about 10 mins and all the oil had gone into the coolant.

Could this be to do with the oil cooler?

Or what else could cause this?

Thanks

BRian

ye it is mixing as soon as it is started, i have just done head gasket and everything is torqued proper. Had a fresh fill of oil before i started it and after 10 mins oil dip stick was dry and coolant system was pressurised and a clear mix of oil and water.

just a silly question, you got the gaskets on correct way around. its some times possible to get them the wrong way around on some engines. this means that a oil gallery is open to the water etc. have you done a compression test. just a thought. i know ive not done a gasket on a Golf but its been know on other engines

Sounds like what a mate of mine had back along, it was a huge air lock that just wouldn't shift.

Put heaters on full, blowing up the screen and leave the engine to heat up with the water bottle cap off.

When hot keep squeezing the pipes that you can see going through the bulk head and to the rad. It took a while but when I cleared it farted at us and swallowed the contents of the reservoir.

Is the coolant in the correct mix aswel?